Things I hate most about people ...

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... granted there is anything, at all, to hate.
Humans may indeed be beyond critique.
An exemplary species: perfect and w/o fault !

Just figured I'd ask anyway.
Shameful inquiry to be sure.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
When they wait to speak instead of listening...

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate it when unqualified people habitually assume a position of superiority. The type of person who always gives The Answer when they obviously should be asking The Questions. Hey, know-it-alls, we can google factoids too, yanno. Also, try picking up after yourself in your mother's basement and get a job! Does such a type of person have a name? I'm thinking they should but I can't think of it.

Ahem. *waddles off in search of wine*

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FoxNews - but it's not about people, it's about OUTRAGE! I don't like OUTRAGE!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh boy, where to begin?

- Constantly being interrupted when trying to talk to someone.
- Can't drive safely or courteously.
- A sense of entitlement; owed something for nothing.
- Giving more attention to celebrities than those who do real good in the world.
- Believing that authority is always right.
- Spying on your neighbors and thinking everything is "suspicious."
- Cruelty to animals.
- Cruelty to children.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
The way so many are willing to enjoy the perks of society/civilization, but not pay the dues needed to maintain said perks. I'm looking at everyone who uses computers/Internet and other stuff derived from scientific exploration/experimentation everyday, but steadfastly refuse to trust in science when it comes to stuff like vaccines.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
When they wait to speak instead of listening...

Can relate. They speak for ten minutes; you for two seconds. They, for ten. You, two ...

And maybe after an hour or so they will grant you an entire half-minute of uninterrupted speech, just so you have a slight sense of participation in the "conversation."

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Can relate. They speak for ten minutes; you for two seconds. They, for ten. You, two ...

And maybe after an hour or so they will grant you an entire half-minute of uninterrupted speech, just so you have a slight sense of participation in the "conversation."

Who was it who said that there was no conversation, only intersecting monologues?

Someone told me once, but I wasn't paying attention...

As for things I hate about people, there is not enough space on the internet, let alone this thread, to list it all... suffice it to say that any species as ostensibly intelligent as we are, yet who still clings to counterproductive belief systems while knowingly, willfully, and intentionally destroys itself and its only habitat in the known universe, is very difficult to like.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
suffice it to say that any species as ostensibly intelligent as we are, yet who still clings to counterproductive belief systems while knowingly, willfully, and intentionally destroys itself and its only habitat in the known universe, is very difficult to like.

I like most of it.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
People who talk just to hear their own voice. I'll hear the same story told six different times to different people in one morning. And those same people will talk over you, not let you speak, never stop talking... I was brought up by my older sisters to, y'know, wait your turn to speak so I try be as polite as possible so when someone very blatantly talks over me really grinds my gears.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'll go with the talking over sort of people, too.

I had an argument this morning before I was even really awake with someone who talks over me an insane amount. He was asking me questions and talking over me three words in, causing (himself) ridiculous confusion! After my 4th try answering, I just hung up. He called back and said 'I'll let you answer this time', lol. Good plan ;)

Last edited:

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
People who are slow, and take their time to do things. They just stand in the middle of the aisle or take *forever* to turn. Also, people who stare, people who assume, and people who try to greet you with a touch-when you don't even know them.

Serenity Bear

Registered
Reaction score
Relgious extremists of all religions, who get in my face and try to convert me every two seconds.
Those who don't understand why I respect all life and not just people.
People who think I'm stupid and treat me equally as bad.

c.tyler

What was i saying? OH, yeah....
Registered
Reaction score
People who feel entitled and blame history for their failures, instead of their laziness.

pandaponies

in ur boardz, correctin ur grammar
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly a) people who reject facts. Like, actual proven facts and b) :| inattentive/insane/inconsiderate drivers.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Who was it who said that there was no conversation, only intersecting monologues?

Neat. If you recall, let me know. Am curious.

Usually don't have much to say myself. So maybe this intersecting thing is a plus: allowing me to participate without participating and let others do all the talking :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haterz Gonna Hate...

I try not to hate people...

...But Lord knows, there are some whose attitudes and actions I absolutely hate! :e2bummed:

mfoley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Lack of compassion, whether that be for waiters/waitresses, salespeople, customer service reps, homeless people... Ignorance to the fact that these are PEOPLE disgusts me.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
When they group-think misinformation. Group-think drives me crazy because it always means you're making it harder for someone to bring up a valid counterpoint without being hounded down by a bunch of people who aren't really listening in the first place.