PDA

View Full Version : Who actually bakes their cookie dough?

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm curious how many people here bake store bought cookie dough and how many people here eat the cookie dough straight.

SpookyWriter
04-03-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm curious how many people here bake store bought cookie dough and how many people here eat the cookie dough straight.???

Sage
04-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Depends on my mood.

Danger Jane
04-03-2006, 03:06 AM
For me it's about fifty-fifty. The dough is great but I can't eat a whole bowl because I get sick and someone thinks the bowl should be washed and suddenly all my dough is gone. Gone.

So I bake whatever I can't eat in one sitting. You know, maybe that's less than half...

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Wow, that's weird. I was still working on the poll choices and you guys were already able to post?

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:09 AM
For me it's about fifty-fifty. The dough is great but I can't eat a whole bowl because I get sick and someone thinks the bowl should be washed and suddenly all my dough is gone. Gone.

So I bake whatever I can't eat in one sitting. You know, maybe that's less than half...

I usually get the Nestle cookie dough roll from the store. I'm 50-50 as well. Though when I choose to eat it raw, I simply take a few bites, then wrap the roll up and fridge it again until I want more.

SpookyWriter
Wow, that's weird. I was still working on the poll choices and you guys were already able to post?Men are always done before the woman gets her dough ready.

ChaosTitan
I prefer eating homemade cookie dough raw. It has a better flavor than the store bought stuff. Oddly, though, both are equally delicious baked.

I also love to eat icing out of the tub. Especially classic vanilla. Yum.

Danger Jane
04-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Break and bake tastes great raw.

My personal favorite of the raw baked gods is brownie batter, from scratch or from a box. They're different but equally delicious.

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Mmmm... brownie batter!

Yeshanu
04-03-2006, 03:18 AM
I don't buy cookie dough from the store much, but store bought or home made, I usually eat some and bake most.

SpookyWriter
04-03-2006, 03:19 AM
I don't buy cookie dough from the store much, but store bought or home made, I usually eat some and bake most.Eat who?

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:20 AM
I guess it doesn't have to be store bought. I was always raised to bake all cookie dough that was handmade so I guess I really didn't think about it.

ChaosTitan
04-03-2006, 03:24 AM
It's the whole raw egg thing. But people eat raw eggs in other things, so I never understood the big deal. I've yet to get sick and die from eating cookie dough. :Shrug:

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 03:28 AM
It's the whole raw egg thing. But people eat raw eggs in other things, so I never understood the big deal. I've yet to get sick and die from eating cookie dough. :Shrug:
Try going to the store and buying two rolls of cookie dough and sit down and eat them both immediately without anything to drink. See if it makes you sick. ;)

When I was a kid I remember the first time I bought my own package of Chips Ahoy, I decided to eat them all in one sitting with no milk. All I can say is - NEVER AGAIN!

Peggy
04-03-2006, 03:29 AM
I usually get the Nestle cookie dough roll from the store. I'm 50-50 as well. Though when I choose to eat it raw, I simply take a few bites, then wrap the roll up and fridge it again until I want more. Definitely a few bites at a time is enough to satisfy me - I've learned from experience that much more than that can cause a tummy ache. :)

I usually end up baking at least half of them, though, because my husband thinks it's disgusting to eat raw the dough out of the package (he doesn't know what he's missing . . . ).

scfirenice
04-03-2006, 04:44 AM
You're supposed to bake it? Actually I always make homemade and then eat it. Out of the 4 dozen the recipe claims to make, I end up with about one dozen....AND a tummy ache.

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Definitely a few bites at a time is enough to satisfy me - I've learned from experience that much more than that can cause a tummy ache. :)

I usually end up baking at least half of them, though, because my husband thinks it's disgusting to eat raw the dough out of the package (he doesn't know what he's missing . . . ).
I don't really end up with a tummy ache. I end up with this sick feeling in my throat.

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 04:49 AM
Oh, btw, there's no particular reason why I chose the poll option to show how people voted. I happened to notice it, had never seen that for a poll feature before, and thought I'd click it to see what it did. So in case you were wondering, I was just seeing how that feature worked.

Ocha
04-03-2006, 05:00 AM
I don't think I've ever bought store cookie dough. It seems like blasphemy.

When I make cookie dough, I barely eat any at all, and then bake the rest- and then eat almost half when they're hot out of the oven. That's when they're the tastiest :3

Serenity
04-03-2006, 05:35 AM
My roommate bakes. The only time I'm let near the oven is to make french fries and chicken nuggets. Actually, it's usually best if I stay away from the kitchen all together... I tend to get... hurt. :e2shrug:

But I used to bake cookies with my mom all the time. I *always* ate the raw cookie dough- I was completely in love with the taste. I've used the store bought stuff once and all I did was bake it, didn't try to eat that.

Puddle Jumper
04-03-2006, 05:44 AM
My roommate bakes. The only time I'm let near the oven is to make french fries and chicken nuggets. Actually, it's usually best if I stay away from the kitchen all together... I tend to get... hurt. :e2shrug:

But I used to bake cookies with my mom all the time. I *always* ate the raw cookie dough- I was completely in love with the taste. I've used the store bought stuff once and all I did was bake it, didn't try to eat that.
What if you got an Easy Bake Oven?

Serenity
04-03-2006, 06:02 AM
What if you got an Easy Bake Oven?

I'd probably burn down the apartment... at the very least, I'd burn the little muffin or whatever the hell you make with those things! :Wha:

reph
04-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Store-bought cookie dough? That'd be something new around here. I try to stay away from highly processed commercial mixtures. We usually get cookies from local bakeries that don't use partially hydrogenated goop or sodium nitro-carbo-fluoro-whatever. Unfortunately, bakery clerks have never once invited me into the back room to sample the dough.

Peggy
04-03-2006, 07:42 AM
We usually get cookies from local bakeries that don't use partially hydrogenated goop or sodium nitro-carbo-fluoro-whatever. Partially hydrogenated goop is what makes the store-bought dough so yummy. :tongue

Anya Smith
04-03-2006, 08:09 AM
We're all carnivores at my house.:e2teeth:

Atomic Bear
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
I like to use Krusties brand mix from Costco. You just add water and any flavoring you like. The cookies are not as good as home made, but you can whip up a batch fast.

Does the mix count the same as a tube of dough?

Shadow_Ferret
04-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Ew. Those store pre-made cookie doughs are awful when BAKED, I can't imagine what they'd taste like RAW. I don't trust them enough to try it raw, I have these images of migrant workers with dirty unwashed fingers making that stuff by hand. Or worse, having it machine made in machines that haven't been serviced in years and are all encrusted with years worth of dried, molding dough.

I'll eat my own dough raw. Never store bought.

Susie
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I love all that artifical stuff myself. It's what gives everything that extra flavor and oomph:)

tiny
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I spend October and November making cookie dough for Christmas cookies, during which I eat gobs of dough. Then I spend all December baking cookies to give away, and making candy. I bake all the dough, but rarely eat the cookies cause I've had my fill by that time. But I never, ever buy store made dough.

And if you worry about raw eggs, which I don't, leave out them and mix the dough to eat. Tastes the same and you don't have to worry about the kids eating it. But it won't bake nice. Just for eating.

Carole
04-04-2006, 02:29 AM
You're supposed to bake it? Actually I always make homemade and then eat it. Out of the 4 dozen the recipe claims to make, I end up with about one dozen....AND a tummy ache.
I never did think those recipe thingies were accurate! I never get even half the number of cookies out of a batch as I am supposed to.

I used to think it was because the cookies they wanted me to make were tiny. That is until I realized I was eating a raw cookie's worth of dough for every cookie I baked. Well, not just me. Everyone has to swipe a gob of it. I've had to remake entire batches before when the boys were here!

Puddle Jumper
04-04-2006, 04:49 AM
What about cookie dough ice cream? Does anyone ever eat that? Personally I love it.

Susie
04-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Yep, we've tried cookie dough ice cream, PJ and it's delicious! You've got super taste.:)