Who actually bakes their cookie dough?

How often do you bake store bought cookie dough?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

I'm curious how many people here bake store bought cookie dough and how many people here eat the cookie dough straight.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
For me it's about fifty-fifty. The dough is great but I can't eat a whole bowl because I get sick and someone thinks the bowl should be washed and suddenly all my dough is gone. Gone.

So I bake whatever I can't eat in one sitting. You know, maybe that's less than half...

Puddle Jumper

Wow, that's weird. I was still working on the poll choices and you guys were already able to post?

Puddle Jumper

Mdlle. Nancy said:
For me it's about fifty-fifty. The dough is great but I can't eat a whole bowl because I get sick and someone thinks the bowl should be washed and suddenly all my dough is gone. Gone.

So I bake whatever I can't eat in one sitting. You know, maybe that's less than half...
I usually get the Nestle cookie dough roll from the store. I'm 50-50 as well. Though when I choose to eat it raw, I simply take a few bites, then wrap the roll up and fridge it again until I want more.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Wow, that's weird. I was still working on the poll choices and you guys were already able to post?
Men are always done before the woman gets her dough ready.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I prefer eating homemade cookie dough raw. It has a better flavor than the store bought stuff. Oddly, though, both are equally delicious baked.

I also love to eat icing out of the tub. Especially classic vanilla. Yum.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Break and bake tastes great raw.

My personal favorite of the raw baked gods is brownie batter, from scratch or from a box. They're different but equally delicious.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I don't buy cookie dough from the store much, but store bought or home made, I usually eat some and bake most.

Puddle Jumper

I guess it doesn't have to be store bought. I was always raised to bake all cookie dough that was handmade so I guess I really didn't think about it.

Puddle Jumper

chaostitan said:
It's the whole raw egg thing. But people eat raw eggs in other things, so I never understood the big deal. I've yet to get sick and die from eating cookie dough. :Shrug:
Try going to the store and buying two rolls of cookie dough and sit down and eat them both immediately without anything to drink. See if it makes you sick. ;)

When I was a kid I remember the first time I bought my own package of Chips Ahoy, I decided to eat them all in one sitting with no milk. All I can say is - NEVER AGAIN!

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
Puddle Jumper said:
I usually get the Nestle cookie dough roll from the store. I'm 50-50 as well. Though when I choose to eat it raw, I simply take a few bites, then wrap the roll up and fridge it again until I want more.
Definitely a few bites at a time is enough to satisfy me - I've learned from experience that much more than that can cause a tummy ache. :)

I usually end up baking at least half of them, though, because my husband thinks it's disgusting to eat raw the dough out of the package (he doesn't know what he's missing . . . ).

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
You're supposed to bake it? Actually I always make homemade and then eat it. Out of the 4 dozen the recipe claims to make, I end up with about one dozen....AND a tummy ache.

Puddle Jumper

Peggy said:
Definitely a few bites at a time is enough to satisfy me - I've learned from experience that much more than that can cause a tummy ache. :)

I usually end up baking at least half of them, though, because my husband thinks it's disgusting to eat raw the dough out of the package (he doesn't know what he's missing . . . ).
I don't really end up with a tummy ache. I end up with this sick feeling in my throat.

Puddle Jumper

Oh, btw, there's no particular reason why I chose the poll option to show how people voted. I happened to notice it, had never seen that for a poll feature before, and thought I'd click it to see what it did. So in case you were wondering, I was just seeing how that feature worked.

Ocha

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever bought store cookie dough. It seems like blasphemy.

When I make cookie dough, I barely eat any at all, and then bake the rest- and then eat almost half when they're hot out of the oven. That's when they're the tastiest :3

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
My roommate bakes. The only time I'm let near the oven is to make french fries and chicken nuggets. Actually, it's usually best if I stay away from the kitchen all together... I tend to get... hurt. :e2shrug:

But I used to bake cookies with my mom all the time. I *always* ate the raw cookie dough- I was completely in love with the taste. I've used the store bought stuff once and all I did was bake it, didn't try to eat that.

Puddle Jumper

Serenity said:
My roommate bakes. The only time I'm let near the oven is to make french fries and chicken nuggets. Actually, it's usually best if I stay away from the kitchen all together... I tend to get... hurt. :e2shrug:

But I used to bake cookies with my mom all the time. I *always* ate the raw cookie dough- I was completely in love with the taste. I've used the store bought stuff once and all I did was bake it, didn't try to eat that.
What if you got an Easy Bake Oven?

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Store-bought cookie dough? That'd be something new around here. I try to stay away from highly processed commercial mixtures. We usually get cookies from local bakeries that don't use partially hydrogenated goop or sodium nitro-carbo-fluoro-whatever. Unfortunately, bakery clerks have never once invited me into the back room to sample the dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.