• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Young Adult Books

• Thread starter LivingInAdaydream
  • Start date

LivingInAdaydream

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have completed a full young adult manuscript and now I have entered the process of trying to find an agent. Can anyone suggest any good agents or websites for this genre? I have found very few on my own that really seem to take on the type of work I do. Thank you.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
If you check the Index to Agents, Publishers, and Others at the top of this board, you'll find several threads on how to research agents.

The short form: Write a really good book. Go to bookstores. Find books like yours. Find out who agented those books. Research those agents. When you find the most suitable agents for your work, follow their submission guidelines to the letter.

Elwyn

Registered
Reaction score
Who agented a particular book?

Aconite said:
Go to bookstores. Find books like yours. Find out who agented those books. Research those agents. When you find the most suitable agents for your work, follow their submission guidelines to the letter.

How would we find out who agented a particular book? I've tried that approach, but it seems like the agent info is top secret.

Thanks!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A search string like: "Joe Author" +agent usually hits the agency page where the author's listed as a client. If not, and the author doesn't thank the agent in the book, check out the publisher's website: they usual have how-to-contact info for the author, which is quite often through the agent.