• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta/Swap for 93k YA Fantasy with Autistic Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZerosJourney

Cryptozoologist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zerojourney.blogspot.com
Hi all! I just finished the second revision on my novel Ashen Hands and am in need of betas. (In particular, if there are any willing autistic betas out there who can help me really lock in a particular character, that would be fantastic.)

Ashen Hands is a 93k YA second-world fantasy based on Nara period Japan.

Yasumiko Kaya has her life planned out: breeze through her examinations, rise to the top of her class at the Kotokai Academy, become the best sculptor in the Seven Isles. All perfectly reasonable goals, at least until her magic deserts her in the final stage of the exams. Now instead of a place at the academy, all she has is a humiliating case of ki poisoning that won’t go away.

Then, just to cap off the Worst Week Ever, Kaya gets “rescued” by a boy named Haru with the worst ki poisoning Kaya’s ever seen. Only problem? His idea of “rescue” looks an awful lot like kidnapping. Now Kaya’s stuck with a stranger, accused of a string of crimes she knows nothing about, and branded with the gray stain of the poison that’s slowly killing her.

Haru thinks there’s a way to set things right, but Kaya’s not convinced it’s an improvement over a slow, painful death. Because if Haru’s right about their ki poisoning being more than simple coincidence, Kaya’s going to have to confront Konjitaku Hanatsumi: renowned sculptor, second most powerful woman in the country, and Kaya’s idol.

I'm willing to swap for other fantasy novels (and possibly others, though I can't promise I'll be helpful on any romances or horror.) PM me if you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.