What Hurts?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is time to bitch! Tell us what hurts. Not that we're going to kiss it and make it better or anything, but still...

My teeth hurt, regularly. I have to floss twice a day, at about twelve hours they start to hurt. I think it's because I got gum grafts years back to correct receding gums and they are just not as "tight" as original gums. (any dental people out there who know?) Guess I should be glad that a flossing fixes it.

Also, my feelings, daily. I really should get better about getting over disappointment. After all, don't we all have our share of them.

ETA: Sinus headaches, now and then. Ouch.

That's it. You?

Last edited:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
My feet.

And my feelings, that you haven't noticed I just started a thread here about my feet. :D

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
My back, my legs, my neck, my feet.

And when my CFS flare up badly, my hair hurts......

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The usual. My left knee. My left hip. My right sinus, above the eye. Both thumbs, the right one way worse. My left eye, the dry-eye one.

It's enough to make me really grouchy and self-pitying until I am reminded of those whose pain is so much more severe, which puts me in a far more grateful place, that this is all I have to endure.

Maryn, aging without much grace

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
I get headaches. Have been getting them nearly daily for the last... 16 years of my life. Sometimes migraines. Mostly due to high blood pressure/salt content in my body.

Other than that, my body tells me if I did something stupid like didn't stretch or warm-up enough before exercising... which is common, because I don't have the patience to do that perfectly.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing hurts, but I itch because of a boo-boo - our new kitten did NOT want to be carried upstairs last night and slashed me right between the boobs. It hurt last night. I've kept Neosporin on it all day, and it itches now like hell.

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
Middle of my back aches like a mofo.

I've restarted yoga and strength training. That helps a lot. But carrying around heavy boobs and tapping at the keys all day for work allows the pain to reoccur.

No honey to rub it and I don't like to pop pills unless it's mandatory. So I get to live with it.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I know you will already know this but just in case..... have you got your work desk set up properly?

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
Of course. It's at the right height, and I take breaks. But I was involved in a car accident years ago and the pain has hung around since. I was told a reduction would help. But I have issues with the cost and surgery aspect. I have a high tolerance to medication, so I prefer to not even bother.

Yoga helps most of all. I just can't take the time to do it 2 or 3 times a day.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Knees and hips from sitting at the computer too much, but yoga helps with that. One shoulder has bugged me the past few weeks, and I don't know why, but it seems to be slowly sorting itself out.

Sensitive teeth. Got one that is randomly really hurting right now. Slather on that Prevident 5000...

And my jaw. Sometimes it clicks really loudly then aches. Sometimes it just aches.

Getting old ain't wimps, is it?

Publius

Hummin', comin', atcha . . .
Registered
Reaction score
My ankles. Freaking ankles. Who the hell has sore ankles?

Oh . . . me, I have sore ankles.

And my shoulder. The right one this week. Sometimes it's the left.

Also, my knees pop when I crouch down. It doesn't really hurt, so I don't know why I'm mentioning it. But it looks like other people are in pain when they hear them pop.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Calf on my left leg aches. I need to get back to strength exercises.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Headache today, slowly going away. Sad for all the peoples I know who hurt more, one friend in particular who's facing end of life scary business.

Scared today because taking my old cat to the vet tomorrow, first time (she's old but I haven't had her very long). Hurt for her. (She's better, though, than she was for a while.)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers, same here. Are we not lucky as can be?

Maryn, who is

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad someone made this thread. I woke up feeling like someone kicked me square in the back; it hurt so bad I almost didn't want to breathe. Getting up and moving around helped the pain subside.

My teeth have been bothering me; they're super sensitive. I think my gums are receding or something, and as of right now I have a neckache and a headache--going to have to get my sister to give me a massage. Sometimes my neck hurts so bad I feel like I'm going to throw up. My co-worker went to school for massage therapy and has shared some tips with me, which I then tell to my sister.

I think a lot of my pains are because I need a new mattress (thankfully my awesome sister bought me one today! I'll get it Tuesday) and possibly my posture is terrible when I sit at my desk. I try to sit straight or keep my back supported, but it doesn't seem to do much. :p

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no. Believe me, you don't want to hear the list :D :D

But I did just get back from physical therapy, where I had dry needles jabbed quickly in and out of my deep muscles until I start jumping off the table, then we move on to the next spot. That procedure actually helps the pain later a bit!!! :ROFL:

But I'm incredibly thankful that my pain problems are just mechanical issues. They won't hurt me any; they just hurt ;)

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
My teeth have been bothering me; they're super sensitive. I think my gums are receding or something...
That Prevident 5000 (made by Colgate) that I mentioned is ultra-high fluoride toothpaste, and I find it's better than anything at stopping tooth sensitivity. A dentist told me it's safe for an adult to use daily, despite the warnings on the package. You only need a pea-sized amount, and you brush for 2 minutes, then spit but do not rinse. I find it begins helping ease the sensitivity within a day of starting to use it.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Uhm.

My breasts, they've been hurting ever since I had to start taking hormones about 6 years ago and depending on where I'm at during my cycle it gets worse or better...

Muscle pain. I've started working out more regularly again and my muscles seem to just love hurting for several days, despite me not overdoing it.

And my right knee. However I had 2 knee surgeries in 2013, so I guess that's kind of normal ;)

Edit to add: The hormones triggered migraines. I never had headaches before. And in the last 6 years I had a migraine about twice a month.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
MY HIPS. Chronically. (with lower back pain as well) It feels almost impossible to struggle out of bed every morning. It gets better throughout the morning, but the pain is always there. I have a HUGE pain threshold, though. This was actually a problem in my youth when a broken arm or a gash would go unnoticed until someone screamed or, you know, pointed it out. I plough through the pain every day. Hell, I walked the Camino de Santiago in May. Hips and all. I try to walk between 5-10 KM a day.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my aching back.

And the accompanying nerve pain that shoots down the left leg, and sometimes, just for kicks, up and then down both arms.