• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for feedback on my writing and tips for marketing [Moved from SF/F]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACAuthors

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Absolute Write members! I'm a new writer looking for feedback on my writing and tips for marketing. I've started a blog featuring one short story a week (about 10,500 words). Each story is broken into three parts and published on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The short stories are part of a series that build on one another. I'm currently working on a story featuring Rain, a woman who in thrust unwillingly into the magical battle of good evil. She tries to deny her destine while searching for balance, sanity, and stability in her new dual life. I'm looking for readers who enjoy the supernatural, love strong female protagonists, and don't mind some romance and sometimes tactless humor. If this sounds like you, and you are willing to give some constructive criticism (or you are just looking for something new to read), check out my blog at http://www.abbiescreativecauldron.wordpress.com. I'd love some marketing tips! I'm looking for exposure before I self publish my debut novel. Thanks!

ACAuthors

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for readers, feedback, and tips on marketing!

Hi Absolute Write members! I'm a new writer looking for feedback on my writing and tips for marketing. I've started a blog featuring one short story a week (about 10,500 words). Each story is broken into three parts and published on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The short stories are part of a series that build on one another. I'm currently working on a story featuring Rain, a woman who in thrust unwillingly into the magical battle of good evil. She tries to deny her destine while searching for balance, sanity, and stability in her new dual life. I'm looking for readers who enjoy the supernatural, love strong female protagonists, and don't mind some romance and sometimes tactless humor. If this sounds like you, and you are willing to give some constructive criticism (or you are just looking for something new to read), check out my blog at http://www.abbiescreativecauldron.wordpress.com. I'd love some marketing tips! I'm looking for exposure before I self publish my debut novel. Thanks!

ACAuthors

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for readers, feedback, and tips on marketing!

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hi, AbbieChandler! Welcome to AW.

This thread is in the wrong spot. You'll get better luck with it in the Beta Readers, Mentors and Writing Partners forum. Let me get a moderator to move it for you. Stay tuned! :)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Abbie
AW has a rule that you only post a request/info/question in a single thread. You've posted the same request in three separate threads. I've asked a mod to move/merge them.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(And now all the threads are in one place. Carry on!)

Maryn, not responsible for the move

ACAuthors

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm still getting used to the world of forums! And if anyone is interested, stories two and three are up!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Abbie, if you remain active here and get your post count up, you can have your stories critiqued, and critique other authors' stories in return, in AW's Share Your Work critique workshop. AW is a huge community with a vast wealth of expertise, and to keep sharing that expertise with the community many critiquers prefer to keep it all here, in one accessible forum, rather than scatter it around the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.