Which forum deals with techno-thrillers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I'm thinking of a change of pace for my seventh book. Something along the lines of Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October, which was made into a movie of the same name. I've reviewed all the forums in AW but none seems to fit, not even Mystery/Thriller/Suspense which would seem to be the closest. Suggestions?

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a change of pace for my seventh book. Something along the lines of Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October, which was made into a movie of the same name. I've reviewed all the forums in AW but none seems to fit, not even Mystery/Thriller/Suspense which would seem to be the closest. Suggestions?

MTS is going to be good for the technical side of writing thrillers. How about the sci-fi forum? To my mind when I think techno-thriller, I think of science fiction like The Terminator or Minority Report.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
A thriller is a thriller--yours may have more science than others, but as far as things like pacing, characterization, tension, and plotting go, I'd think hanging out with other thriller writers is the thing to do. For questions on specific technical issues, there's always the Experts forum.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
We do thrillers of all kinds - inc. Clancy-style real world techno-thrillers to full-on SF thrillers - over at MTS.

:)

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
Many thanks! As usual I find good advice in AW. Which is why I spend more & more time in it & less in the several other writing forums I'm part of.

Thanks for the sci-fi forum suggestion, gothicangel. That's a possibility for the more far-future thriller I might write. If I go near-future then MTS would seem to a better fit. But I've just begun research in this area & it's still a toss-up.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
MTS is going to be good for the technical side of writing thrillers. How about the sci-fi forum? To my mind when I think techno-thriller, I think of science fiction like The Terminator or Minority Report.

Techno-thrillers are generally more like Tom Clancy, if military, and more like Jurassic Park, if non-military. They use science than, theoretically, at least, can be done right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.