Where did my thick skin go?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Well, I am in the market for someone to become a partner in my POD People blog and website. So if you are interested in how the self-publishing community is going PLEASE contact me at [email protected]. The website is here: http://veinglory.com/PODindex.html

I am finding keeping up the blog and website quite hard work and getting behind. In recent reviews a few errors slipped through and got jumped on by readers ending with some very abusive comments being submitted to the blog such as:

"What a stuck-up, stinking turd you are, woman.
May cancer eat your breasts and throat.
This site is cursed and going down in due time. "

Which as, like many people, strikes too close to home to be shrugged off and leaves me feeling like I could better spend my precious spare time writing and making money rather than trying to provide a free service to asshats like this man.

Anyway. rather than flush the whole enterprise down the loo on impulse I think it would be better to find someone else to share the duties and the angst with. I would provide the webhosting and share out the other duties accroding to mutual strengths. i.e. one person might look after the sites and proofread reviews and the other co-ordinate books and reviewers.

If that might be you, please get in contact.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Indeed, and if you don't want to be helping run the site we are also still looking for reviewers that we can offer books to -- especially thriller and memoir. Or blog poster, or ... well pretty much anything :)