Apple/Ingram

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone successfully gotten a book to show up on iBooks using Ingram as an aggregator? Can you tell me precisely how? I've got it available as a eBook through Ingram, I get eBook sales from various sources through them, but I don't show up on iBooks. And no, I'm not willing to buy an Apple just to be able to do this: there has to be a way for Windows and Linux users to get Apple to sell a book.

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
Draft2digital uploads to iTunes.

kevinwaynewilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I'll bear that in mind, Abderian. Ingram does as well, which is why I'm perplexed as to what I haven't done correctly there.

Thewitt

Registered
Reaction score
Though it doesn't help your issue with Ingram, iTunes is picky, and when someone figure it out like Draft2Digital has, it's hard to beat their process.

Their initial upload and updates are faster than any other option that I've seen reported.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Anyone successfully gotten a book to show up on iBooks using Ingram as an aggregator? Can you tell me precisely how? I've got it available as a eBook through Ingram, I get eBook sales from various sources through them, but I don't show up on iBooks. And no, I'm not willing to buy an Apple just to be able to do this: there has to be a way for Windows and Linux users to get Apple to sell a book.

How much time has elapsed? Also, did you have a link in your e-book to any retailer other than iBooks? One of mine took over two weeks last year through D2D, and was ultimately rejected because it had a link to my Amazon page. After I fixed it, it took another week to show up in iBooks.

Whimsical Writing

Finally, I self-pubbed!
Registered
Reaction score
Kevin, that's a very long time for it not to show up. Have you written to Ingram? I'm assuming that Ingram is like a D2D or Smashwords. I use Smashwords, and typically my book will be up on iBooks within days to a week's time. I write my books on a Mac with MS word.

kevinwaynewilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can't say anything nice about Ingram's customer service. After ignoring two e-mails, I finally got them on the phone. Apple has kicked back two separate revisions of the book because the map image in the preface exceeded a limit. Did Ingram bother to give me any indication of this problem? No. Did they respond to e-mails asking why the book wasn't going through? No. Hopefully its fixed now. I guess I'll know in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.