PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Carole!

maestrowork
04-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Are you a blonde or brunette on your big day?

Happy Happy Joy Joy

louisgodwin
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Happy Birthday, Carole! Give yourself a big present by staying away from the cancersticks. Be a good girl.

poetinahat
04-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Happy birthday, Carole -- much love. I hope your birthday is as cool as you are.

Dawno
04-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday! And here's the first slice of your cake!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Ebil_Librarian/whostolecake1.gif

JennaGlatzer
04-02-2006, 12:52 PM
It's Carole's birthday
Yes, indeedy
And I hope it's happy
'Cause she's a sweetie

:partyguy:

Greenwolf103
04-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Happy happy birthday birthday to CAROLE!!! :D :partyguy:

Susie
04-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi, Carole,

Roses are red
Violets are too.
A very happy
Birthday to YOU!!!

Hope it's the best ever and you get everything you wish for. I love other folks' birthdays.:)

:Cake: :popcorn: :snoopy: :partyguy: :TheWave: :PartySmile: :banana:

Shwebb
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Happy birthday, CarolE!

So glad you're here. Have a great one!:Hug2:

DTKelly
04-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Yeshanu
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/4.gif

Carole
04-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Awww, thanks guys! That's so sweet!

Ray, I am officially blond-ER. That's what my haircolor goddess says. Not totally blonde, but definitely blondER. 4 hours, about a million highlights, super-duper treatment packs that required 40 minutes under a heat gizmo that looks like something out of a toture chamber (and a nice tip for my goddess) and viola! My wallet's $100 lighter!

This is going to be a nice birthday, even though I am 20/18 years old. The weather is glorious and hubby is in the shower getting ready to take me *somewhere*. He won't tell me where.

maestrowork
04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
He's probably taking you for a ride. Enjoy. :D

rhymegirl
04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLE!!!

To a fellow Aries girl,
we're different than the rest,
The first sign of the zodiac,
so that means we're the best!

You're fun-loving, impulsive
and full of energy,
Sure hope you have a birthday
that's as super as can be!

:partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy:

scarletpeaches
04-02-2006, 07:16 PM
You're not 38. You're 19 twice.;)

William Haskins
04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
hope you have great day, carole.

Maryn
04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Have a great day and a lovely outing with a freshly-scrubbed hubby!

Maryn, wishing you a happy birthday

Perks
04-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Carole! Get him to drive you over the mountain. Plenty to do on this side! Come see me in your 38th year - or I'll look for my invitation in the mail.

Happy, Happy Birthday!

robeiae
04-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Happy birthday, Carole!

KTC stole the present I got for you.

Rob :)

tiny
04-02-2006, 10:35 PM
happy birthday :D

writerterri
04-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Behave girl! Have a happy day and a wonderful Birthday.

Terri

arrowqueen
04-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Have a great one.

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/17.gif

Prosthetic Foreheads
04-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Hope your birthday's a trip, but then again, I guess that's all in your past.

Gehanna
04-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Happy B-Day!!! I hope you are having a blast!

:TheWave:

psy7ven

Jaycinth
04-03-2006, 01:53 AM
May this be the most amazing birthday ever!

September skies
04-03-2006, 02:15 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotepartyguy.gif Happy Birthday, Carole! I hope you have/had an amazing day!

How fun! Don't forget to come back in and tell us where hubby took you!

Unique
04-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Happy Birthday Carole

Hope your day was filled with people you love, your favorite foods, and jammin' tunes.

:Jump:Dancing and Drinking :e2drunk: are optional.

brokenfingers
04-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Happy Birthday, Carole!

Kida Adelyne
04-03-2006, 05:34 AM
:partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy:
Happy Birthday!
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Cabinscribe
04-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Hope you had a great Birthday!

Pat~
04-03-2006, 06:50 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/8.gif Carole!

SpookyWriter
04-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Best wishes!

http://www.tesarzservices.com/printer/birthday.gif

luxintenebrae
04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Have a great birthday!!!!

:e2dance: :PartySmil :Cake: :e2drunk: :e2woo: :TheWave:

NeuroFizz
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Many, many more, Carole. And excuse my tardiness. I've been away.

jst5150
04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Carole, congrats and best wishes!

MacAllister
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
A very happy birthday from me, too. :)

awatkins
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
:Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: :popcorn: :Cake:

It's okay-there are no calories in Creepy Eyeball cake or virtual popcorn so have all you want! Happy birthday! :D

PattiTheWicked
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Yay Carole!

Happy natalday!

Stew21
04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Happy Birthday Carole

scfirenice
04-04-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm always late to the party!!! Happy birthday to my favorite w***h. : )

aadams73
04-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Happy Birthday, Carole! Hope it's lovely :)

Jean Marie
04-04-2006, 01:41 AM
A day late Birthday wish to you, Carole. Hope you had a wonderful day.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotepartyguy.gif http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteCake.gif

Carole
04-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Can I just say this? I had a rotten birthday. Yep. It's true. Rotten.

But I thank all of you for wishing me a happy birthday. That makes me smile :)

Perks
04-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Are you telling?

Carole
04-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Yep. Didn't take much arm twisting, did it?

The day started off great. We headed down into Knoxville to do something. What I didn't know at first is that he had no idea what we were off to do. I figured it out about the 4th time he asked me what I wanted to do.

I wanted to go into Barnes & Noble, but I didn't think that would be IT. I asked if he wanted to get lunch or something. He shrugged.

Long story short (before it becomes too late) is that he had no plans. He wanted me to figure out what I wanted him to do with me.

It is awful of me to be really offended by that? He put NO thought or effort into my birthday at all. I didn't want anything. All I wanted is to know that he thought about it for at least a minute and a half beforehand. He didn't. He wanted me to figure it out for him.

We ended up coming home and I cooked lunch. We watched a coupla movies. He played video games almost continually the rest of the time. If he had said, "I think it would be nice to spend the day at home" that would have been FINE. Just knowing that he thought about it in advance. Oh well. Can't have everything, right?

And Ray...your little innuendo close to the beginning of this thread? Nope. Didn't happen, either.

robeiae
04-04-2006, 03:17 AM
He wanted me to figure out what I wanted him to do with me.
Hmmmmmm... ... :D

Carole
04-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Hmmmmmm... ... :D
Nope. I was hopeful. But...nope.

poetinahat
04-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Heavens to Murgatroyd! The guy isn't perfect! (Thank goodness; I couldn't keep up much longer....)

Carole, that bites. I'm sorry. I think even that could be done nicely (e.g. "Here's a gift certificate for a day of whatever-you-want!"), but, well, we've saved up all your he's-so-great stories, just to show you. (They're, um, around here somewhere!)

Either way, you now have one solid gold get-out-of-jail-free card, eh? Plus the emotional high ground -- which you, of course, are too kind and noble to use to advantage. (Well, maybe just a little.)

*followed by the sound of me shutting up*

Carole
04-04-2006, 03:47 AM
~laughing!~ Well, I will have to rememebr that. One get out of jail free card.

*stowing it away nice and safe*

Writer2011
04-04-2006, 03:50 AM
"They say it's your birthday...gonna have a good time...they say it's your birthday, happy birthday to you." Okay, okay, I couldn't resist it... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carole...thinking of you.

Carole
04-04-2006, 04:22 AM
"They say it's your birthday...gonna have a good time...they say it's your birthday, happy birthday to you." Okay, okay, I couldn't resist it... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carole...thinking of you.

WooHoo!!! LOVE that song! My brother used to play it for me every year on my birthday when we were growing up. THANKS!

Carole
04-04-2006, 04:50 AM
Heavens to Murgatroyd! The guy isn't perfect! (Thank goodness; I couldn't keep up much longer....)

He just sent me an email. It said:

I did not mean to hurt your feelings, baby. If I did...I am sorry.

Ok, so I still swoon when he calls me baby *grin*

Plus! I get 38 birthday spankins when he gets back home this weekend! WooHoo!

September skies
04-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Plus! I get 38 birthday spankins when he gets back home this weekend! WooHoo!
Don't forget about that pinch! If pinched in the right spot - it can .....um, never mind....

Also - think of it this way, Carole. This thread just educated a lot of guys. Any guy that may have thought "What's wrong with that?" (just driving off and figuring it out as you go) will now think twice. There are gals out there that would say "Thanks, Carole" if they only knew that because of you, their significant other made plans. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ok, Ok, I'll shut up now. But don't forget that pinch...

DamaNegra
04-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Happy B-Day Carole!! A little late but this is the first time I'm able to use internet since thursday, lol.

Here, a dancing banana to cheer you up:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoticonbanana.gif

poetinahat
04-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Also - think of it this way, Carole. This thread just educated a lot of guys. Any guy that may have thought "What's wrong with that?" (just driving off and figuring it out as you go) will now think twice. There are gals out there that would say "Thanks, Carole" if they only knew that because of you, their significant other made plans. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Not to be contrary, but...

I was stood up on my 29th birthday. Second day in a new country, where I basically knew only one local. She invited me to dinner and never showed.

Not that I held a grudge or anything, he says approaching his 42nd.

It's not exclusively a guy thing.

Danger Jane
04-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Carole.

So since it already happened...here's to a great follow-up year!

:e2drunk:

unthoughtknown
04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Carole!

Carole
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Carole, I see what the problem is here. He's a man. We expect you guys to do all the planning. Yes...even on your birthday. We're stupid. Even more important, we think you will not like the plans we would make so we depend on you to make the plans. We would be happy driving aimlessly around the world saying, "Whatayawannado?" We are hopeless. Yeah...I'm just making excuses. But, hey, I bet whatever you would have suggested...he would have done. I'm telling you...never count on a man to make the plans. You will be looking at the wall.

And, September, we might recognize ourselves...but we won't learn from this. We will still leave the house without a plan in our empty heads the next time. And while we're driving, we will be chanting silent words into those empty heads, "Please God, for the love of God, suggest something...I'm running out of gas here!"

The mind boggles, KTC. Seriously. Either you are completelty psychic OR you just really know how all guys' minds work. Or at least my guy's mind.

Unique
04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=KTC]
Carole, I see what the problem is here. He's a man. We expect you guys to do all the planning. Yes...even on your birthday. We're stupid. Even more important, we think you will not like the plans we would make so we depend on you to make the plans. We would be happy driving aimlessly around the world saying, "Whatayawannado?" We are hopeless. Yeah...I'm just making excuses. But, hey, I bet whatever you would have suggested...he would have done. I'm telling you...never count on a man to make the plans. You will be looking at the wall.

QUOTE]

I have printed this for posterity.
It will be framed and hung on the wall.
Soon you will see it floating around the blogosphere.
Admissions of guilt are hard to come by - so thanks.

And thanks, Carole, for letting us use your birthday thread to get this confession.

poetinahat
04-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey...no problem. I believe in breaking down the barriers, man. There are no secrets. (-;
Earl, you sold us out.

Hand in your Lodge key.

aruna
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Here I am late to the party as usual and I can't even wish youa happy birthday in retrospect 'cos you didn't have one!

What's a girl to do?
Is it any comfort for you to know that apart from a "happy birthday" early inthe morning my hubby doesn't spend a thought on mine wither? Not even on a present?
OK, it's my fault. For years I've told my family not to buy me any presents or spend any money on me so I can't complain when they take me seriously! Last year my son bought me a really huge expensive Mother's Day card, which I kept; when he forgot Mother's Day this year I told him to give me last year's card, and he did! I guess he'll be giving me that card for years to come!

My-Immortal
04-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Happy Birthday. :)

WVWriterGirl
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
If mine ever did that to me, I'd have to murder him. Why? Well, my birthday is HIS birthday. And our anniversary is 2 days later. If he didn't plan SOMETHING to celebrate, I'd have to beat him about the head and neck. With a big stick.

Nonetheless, here's hoping he made up for it (or plans to). And here's me wishing you a Happy (belated) Birthday!

kikazaru
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
And while we're driving, we will be chanting silent words into those empty heads, "Please God, for the love of God, suggest something...I'm running out of gas here!"

Rofl!

Sorry about your birthday Carole. If it s any consolation my husband hasn t been home on my birthday for 11 years. It coincides with an annual sailing race that he and his friends enter every year. I don t care, I just tell him he owes me dinner out AND and a great present. Although this year I just want a new floor or maybe some siding - or I just may cast all monetary inhibitions to the winds and tell him I want BOTH!

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
04-05-2006, 02:29 AM
ahoy carole, happy birthday for next time from me!

Carole
04-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Smells like a fart in there, anyway, Cletus!
HEY! No farting on my thread!

Ikky boys. Who let them in here, anyway?!

poetinahat
04-05-2006, 03:20 AM
HEY! No farting on my thread!

Ikky boys. Who let them in here, anyway?!
See there, Earl? The womenfolk just don't understand.

I'm headed to the Broken Spoke for a coupla eye-openers. You comin'?

brokenfingers
04-05-2006, 04:51 AM

And, September, we might recognize ourselves...but we won't learn from this. We will still leave the house without a plan in our empty heads the next time. And while we're driving, we will be chanting silent words into those empty heads, "Please God, for the love of God, suggest something...I'm running out of gas here!"

Earl, you sold us out. Hand in your Lodge key. Hear, hear Brother Poet!

KTC, I demand to know the name and email address of your local chapter's Mighty Steward or Grand Vizier. I'm afraid that you are in serious violation of international codes (yes even the Canadian Orders adhere to them.)

Expect a knock on the door soon and be ready to hand your man-card over.

This is definitely gonna go in your permanent record, young man...

robeiae
04-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Expect a knock on the door soon and be ready to hand your man-card over.

::umm, BF...I took that away from him like, in March...2005::

Carole
04-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Don't worry. I will protect you!! *cheeky grin*

Oooh. That probably would'nt make a good case for keeping your man-card, now would it?

Speaking of man-cards, that sounds so naughty!