Unconventional Actor Crushes

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are both fans of the show Justified. I quickly fell into crushin' on Timothy Olyphant. That's a pretty justifiable (no pun intended) crush, I think. Tall, dark and handsome. And the cowboy hat...yum.

Recently, we bought The Shield. The entire series. We've been binge watching every chance we get.

Well, somehow, I developed a crush on Walter Goggins. He is in both Justified and The Shield. In both, he plays the bad guy. He's not conventionally attractive at all, yet for some reason...

I think it may be because of his acting - this guy is a genius. He really is, IMO, of course. Or maybe it's because he plays the bad boy. I don't know.

All I know is he's been in my dreams the past two nights, and they have not been unpleasant.

Soooo...your turn.

What unexpected actors/actresses have you crushed on? That don't necessarily make sense to anyone else, but for some reason...you're attracted to them?

Time to fess up. :D

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
My husband and I are both fans of the show Justified. I quickly fell into crushin' on Timothy Olyphant. That's a pretty justifiable (no pun intended) crush, I think. Tall, dark and handsome. And the cowboy hat...yum.

Recently, we bought The Shield. The entire series. We've been binge watching every chance we get.

Well, somehow, I developed a crush on Walter Goggins. He is in both Justified and The Shield. In both, he plays the bad guy. He's not conventionally attractive at all, yet for some reason...

I think it may be because of his acting - this guy is a genius. He really is, IMO, of course. Or maybe it's because he plays the bad boy. I don't know.

All I know is he's been in my dreams the past two nights, and they have not been unpleasant.

Soooo...your turn.

What unexpected actors/actresses have you crushed on? That don't necessarily make sense to anyone else, but for some reason...you're attracted to them?

Time to fess up. :D

The exact same two as you.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Martin Freeman. I prefer him over Cumberbatch...

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Really? That's funny. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Yup. Halfway ashamed to admit that I started watching Justified because of Olyphant. :tongue

And Goggins, well Boyd is just a sweetie. He steals the show every time.

I think 90% of actor crushes are down to the characters they play, rather than the actor themselves.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Halfway ashamed to admit that I started watching Justified because of Olyphant. :tongue

And Goggins, well Boyd is just a sweetie. He steals the show every time.

I think 90% of actor crushes are down to the characters they play, rather than the actor themselves.

I am not ashamed to admit a crush on Olyphant. That man is damn sexy, especially with that hat.

I didn't even start crushing on Goggins until watching The Shield, but you're right. I love Boyd.

Maybe it is the human inside the bad boys he plays. On The Shield, his dedication to his friends...the way he sobbed after killing one of them...he is such a bad guy, but deep inside, that isn't who he wanted to be, I don't think.

Maybe that's it.

I used to have the hots for Janeane Garofalo. I think it was mostly because of her character on the Larry Sanders Show. She was just soooo sarcastic. I loved it.

Totally understandable. :)

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Friends: While everyone was crushing on Jennifer Aniston... I always like Lisa Kudrow...

Eliza Dushku from Buffy and Angel fame. Though towards the end of Angel, Charisma Carpenter did grow on me. Though Amy Aker had her place too.

And a guy crush on Christian Kane. Followed him from Angel to Leverage...

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to have a mad crush on Bob Hoskins.

a>
bob%20hoskins%20roger1_1.jpg

Yeah, that Bob Hoskins.

I suppose one could say it was because talent is sexy, but I think it's because Hoskins was such a ferociously masculine little man - "a testicle on legs," as film critic Pauline Kael put it.

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score

I think it may be because of his acting - this guy is a genius.

Look up the role he played in Sons of Anarchy and you will see an entirely different side of Walter Goggins... and yes, the man is an amazing actor.

I developed a little bit of a girl crush on Katey Sagal this fall after binge-watching SOA--one of those "I want to be like her when I grow up" crushes.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Look up the role he played in Sons of Anarchy and you will see an entirely different side of Walter Goggins... and yes, the man is an amazing actor.

I developed a little bit of a girl crush on Katey Sagal this fall after binge-watching SOA--one of those "I want to be like her when I grow up" crushes.

Oh, yeah. I've seen all of SOA (on Netflix, so I guess we're a season behind). Walter Goggins was incredible! Very, very believable.

I can understand the girl-crush. Although, I really hate her character on there. LOL But she is badass.

mrsmig - I think talent is sexy. Definitely. I think that's part of it. I was even more "turned on" to Goggins after reading that he is also a filmmaker, and a photographer (and checked out some of his photographs).

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Definitely. I totally have a thing for Kaylee from Firefly, and not simply because Jewel Staite is pretty.
That's not a particularly unusual crush, although you might expect the more glamorous Inara to be the focus of more attention.
Then there's Willow vs 'This one time, at band camp' girl from American Pie. They look very similar, but I'd be all over Willow, while I found band camp girl annoying.

Andy Serkis. *sigh*
Well, he is precioussssss.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
mrsmig - I think talent is sexy. Definitely. I think that's part of it. I was even more "turned on" to Goggins after reading that he is also a filmmaker, and a photographer (and checked out some of his photographs).
Do NOT watch Red Dirt. that is two odd hours of my life I will never get back. And there wasn't even a hot boy on boy sex scene to make it worth while. There was Karen Black being CRAZY like Scarlett O'Hara on a three day Heroine bender, but no gay sex.

(Oh, and here's a link to the Wikipedia page. Goggins apparently won Best Actor in something called the Slam Dunk Festival for his role in this mess.)

Last edited:

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
In our early teens my friends and I agreed that Disney's Aladdin was hot and that we'd totally date him if he were a real person...

I don't remember how the subject came up.

Last edited:

K.L. Bennett

A floopy flolloper
Registered
Reaction score
Martin Freeman. I prefer him over Cumberbatch...

Oh me too, by a mile.

I love meeting kindred spirits. :D

I've had a thing for Timothy Olyphant since I first saw him in Go! years ago. He's so dang dreamy, even when playing a drug dealer getting it on with Katie Holmes. I don't have access to Justified but I've been crossing my fingers that it'll make it's way to Netflix soon.

A big one for me that only my husband and best friend know about is David Hyde Pierce. Or, more accurately, Niles Crane from Frasier. :eek: I have no idea why.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
When my son was an infant, and I was way too sequestered, we were watching Sesame Street, and a skit came on where The Count was wearing an open Hawaiian shirt. I Thought he was hot, and then realized I needed to spend more time with adults.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
When my son was an infant, and I was way too sequestered, we were watching Sesame Street, and a skit came on where The Count was wearing an open Hawaiian shirt. I Thought he was hot, and then realized I needed to spend more time with adults.

That is too hilarious to confine my appreciation to a rep point.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
In our early teens my friends and I agreed that Disney's Aladdin was hot and that we'd totally date him if he were a real person...

I don't remember how the subject came up.

OMG, me too! I don't remember how old I was when it came out, but I totally had a crush on him. I didn't tell anyone though until I watched it with my daughter and told her that when I was younger, I thought Aladdin was cute - for an animated character.

I've had a thing for Timothy Olyphant since I first saw him in Go! years ago. He's so dang dreamy, even when playing a drug dealer getting it on with Katie Holmes. I don't have access to Justified but I've been crossing my fingers that it'll make it's way to Netflix soon.

A big one for me that only my husband and best friend know about is David Hyde Pierce. Or, more accurately, Niles Crane from Frasier. :eek: I have no idea why.

Justified's first 4 seasons are on Netflix, at least in the states!

Niles Crane...I loved that show. I guess I could see a crush on him. :)

That is too hilarious to confine my appreciation to a rep point.

+1 :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... fay wray. Pretty as heck. And that bod. Vavavoom !

of course appearance is meaningless and shallow and superficial and not important it is a person's personality that is the important thing and what should be valued and is by me.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
We watched more of The Shield last night, and it only reaffirmed my Walter Goggins crush.

I almost said something to my husband, but he wouldn't understand. LOL