• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Is there a humor mentor in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms pasquale

:grin

I'm a fairly new writer and have done a few short stories. Recently, I've been trying my hand at humorous essays.

Are there any humor writers who would be willing to help and advise me. I'm very sensitive so someone encouraging but not decimating would be good. I do want to know the truth, just in a nice way. Does that make sense?

Anyway, if anyone is willing, I would be very appreciative.

ms. pasquale

writerscut

I've written humor myself, and I understand how some things we as writers think are funny, actually don't make the average Joe laugh. You can e-mail me some of your essays and I'll take a look at them and tell you what I think...

[email protected]

ms pasquale

:jump

Thanks! I just need to change a couple of lines I don't like and I will send it right along. I appreciate it.

ms pasquale

rtilryarms

humor is a tough sell. Need to have a contact in the biz but ya never know, sometimes you get lucky.

post a couple of tidbits in the humor or share your work and let us take a look at it. What ya got to lose?

ms pasquale

:eek:

I'm too shy about posting it for all the world to see. I'm afraid people will laugh....oh, wait a minute...it's a humorous essay. OK, I'm afraid people won't laugh.

I did have a very kind person look at it and he made some great suggestions and caught some errors. Maybe when I do my final draft I'll be braver.:gone

ms pasquale

writerscut

Glad you found me helpful...I'm always here to help you in the future...by posting your work on the Share Your Work Board, you might get some harsher criticism, but in the long run it will help you a lot in the long run! Work on your final draft, and good luck to all you do in the future...

rtilryarms

I'm too shy about posting it for all the world to see. I'm afraid people will laugh....

See? That is the spirit. That was a good delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.