PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for print version of novel

ScribeLady
01-27-2015, 11:23 PM
My novel, BAD DAD, is posted as a Kindle on Amazon- goo.gl/Aelxc1, Goodreads, Kobi, etc. However, i now want a print version. I will need someone to re-format my PDF (used for e-book) for print version.

Any recommendations? Any idea about cost?

Thanks for any suggestions.

SCRIBELADY

knight_tour
01-28-2015, 10:49 AM
I used this one -- www.streetlightgraphics.com -- and they did a good job for me. I think it was $150. Hugh Howey has a recommendation on his site that I meant to check out for future novels, since I might want to bundle up several things and just have one place do them all for me.

Old Hack
01-28-2015, 12:21 PM
You're talking about typesetting, not formatting. We've had several discussions about this: things can go badly wrong if typesetting isn't done well. Be careful who you get to do this for you.

WriterBN
01-29-2015, 01:21 AM
What Old Hack said. Also, don't start from the PDF, use the source file from which you created the PDF, otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed to create far more work than necessary.

ETA: I realize I didn't recommend anyone, but there's probably a bunch of people here on AW (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233).

Thewitt
01-29-2015, 06:25 AM
If you are looking for Print on Demand support, consider CreateSpace.

You will want to format your original to fit their template and create your own PDF to their specifications, but they are simple to use and your print book will be listed on Amazon.