• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a beta-reader for my superhero novel 97k

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
I have a superhero novel (not sure if that falls under sci-fi or urban fantasy!) of 97,000 words and I'm looking for a beta-reader. It's been beta-read twice, so I'm just trying to get another perspective and tighten things up a bit. I'd *really* prefer a woman's opinion...I'd like to be sure that the female characters aren't cliches (or caricatures), so I think a female perspective will help.

I'm not worried about grammar/spelling, I'd like an opinion of the overall work: plot holes, boring parts, things that didn't make sense, character consistency, etc. I'm willing to swap beta-reads if desired. If anyone's interested, let me know :)

Update: I think I've found a beta-reader (things work fast around here!), so this thread can be ignored...if circumstances change, I'll update, and thanks to everyone who expressed interest :)

Last edited:

Sedjet

Lurker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi M,

I'll read it. I'm about 90% through my current WIP, so I don't really have anything to swap though.

PM me if you want, and maybe you can send the first few chapters to see how we go.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.