appropriate subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisterpal

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to post the beginning of a science fiction novel for critique, but now question whether the subject matter would be acceptable for this site. Not really graphic or specific, but it deals with women & girls as property, years in the future when female births are rare, and the "owneership" of women coveted. Not grim, as in "The Handmaid's Tale" but rather a very dark comedy.

Any advice?

annie

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, you can always post your guess at a rating (G, PG, PG-13, R) in the thread title to help avoid offending anyone with delicate sensibilities. That seems to have worked well in the past.

There is software in place here that will asterisk out most words that are commonly considered obscene, or at least likely to offend, so, keep that in mind when you look back on what you've posted.

If it's fit for a bookstore shelf, we can probably find a way for you to post it for feedback. If you need a preview or more suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Welcome!

twisterpal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks very much. There are no words that would offend (I think), just the ideas. Probably PG will do. I'll just tack on an intro and put it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.