• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha Porter

I was wondering if anyone had the time to read over something for me. It’s not what you’d normally find on this board, it’s a college application essay. The reason I’m asking is that I was home schooled and am also few years removed from my schooling, so I don’t really have anyone else who can help me. There's no real personal info on it, like my address or real name, just my story.

College apps has become so competitive (there’s actually a site that charges a couple hundred dollars to read and critique your essay—I’d love to be able to do that, but I just can’t) and I’m afraid of sending anything out that hasn’t been looked over by a keen eye.

It’s not long, about 600 words or so (for now), and I’d just like an opinion on the general flow and coherence of it.

Thanks.

aka eraser

Samantha, check your EZBoard message box. I sent you my contact info. Unless you're already flooded with offers I can take a look at your essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.