PDA

View Full Version : delete please - problem resolved :)

LadyA
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone, you've all helped ease my silly worrying! Going to delete this now :)

Netz
01-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Possibly you're worrying too much. Some emergency or other might've come up at the office. Perhaps the person drawing up the contract had other priorities before they could get to yours. Who knows? (I'm speaking from no experience whatsoever, so take it with a pinch of salt, lol.)

Anyway, I really just wanted to pop into your thread and congratulate you on the agent interest. That's brill, Amy! :D (Now I want to know the agent. Rep me!)

Old Hack
01-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Give her another week or so then nudge her for the contract. But don't worry.

Aggy B.
01-14-2015, 03:34 PM
It's not unusual for agents to say "I'll get back to you tomorrow" and then have to wait a week or more. Things come up. She was traveling, too.

Give it a little time and don't worry too much. It's not unusual.

Cathy C
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
I agree. Give it time. Life can and often does intervene. Give it a week and then nudge. Good luck!

Undercover
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I agree with the others. Don't worry. A few days won't hurt. Even if it was a few weeks, I still don't think that's a big deal. When it's a month or months, then that's different. You are nowhere near that. Congrats again!!! I am totally impatient too so I know waiting can be grueling. You're in a good place so no worries!

BethKLewis
01-14-2015, 04:18 PM
It's only been a week. Don't panic. It took a while for my agent to send the contract and another week after than for his editorial comments. This is a slow process. The agent won't have changed her mind. They don't offer representation lightly or on a whim.

You've got yourself an agent, congratulations! Now work on the next book while you're waiting :)

hester
01-14-2015, 07:15 PM
First off, congratulations!! :). And like the others said, don't worry--if she's putting together notes on the book, that might take a few days. Plus, like Aggy says, if she's traveling things might take longer than usual.

Enjoy the moment, and congrats again!

EMaree
01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
As others have said: don't panic, just wait it out, and congratulations on the offer of rep. :D

Dennis E. Taylor
01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I've had people take longer to do something than they said, when they are the ones who would benefit from a quick response. Stuff happens. Busy days happen. Flu happens.

Whimsigirl
01-14-2015, 10:26 PM
It's only Wednesday!! Relax, things come up, especially if she was traveling.

I'd check back next Monday if you haven't heard anything. Congrats!

Jamesaritchie
01-14-2015, 10:40 PM
In agent, or editor, speak, "Tomorrow sometimes ,means tomorrow, and sometimes means the twenty-third of month after next. Be patient, don't pester, and wait it out.

popgun62
01-14-2015, 11:13 PM
If she said all those things, she definitely wants to work with you. It's highly doubtful she would change her mind on a whim. Something else obviously came up that demanded her attention. Agents are extremely busy people. Just give her time - she WILL get back to you :)

Sage
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I assume all deadlines on the other side of publishing are soft (deadlines on my side are set in stone).

And as a constant traveler, I can say with certainty that you can be fully committed to calling or e-mailing someone when you get home/to the hotel while you're at the airport, on a plane, or in the car, but it is so easy to have everything vacate your brain by the time you crash at your hotel or home.

Lena Hillbrand
01-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Congratulations! How exciting.

Dennis E. Taylor
01-15-2015, 12:18 AM
And as a constant traveler, I can say with certainty that you can be fully committed to calling or e-mailing someone when you get home/to the hotel while you're at the airport, on a plane, or in the car, but it is so easy to have everything vacate your brain by the time you crash at your hotel or home.

Say, should you really be using that word in this context? :D

Sage
01-15-2015, 12:23 AM
It's just as good as my texting my parents, "The plane is down," when I landed once ;)

LadyA
01-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Thanks everyone! Its put my mind at rest :)

Old Hack
01-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Lady A, please don't delete your posts once you've got the help you need. It prevents others from benefiting from the advice given, and turns conversations into a nonsense.

We don't delete threads here, but we do sometimes lock them. I'll lock this one as now you've deleted your comments it's no use to anyone: but next time, please respect our other members and leave your comments intact. Thanks.