Invention timeliine

Status
Not open for further replies.

maya

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all and happy Friday (unless you're over in TIO, it's not so happy over there right now).

I have lost a good three hours of my life this afternoon trying to locate a website that I used to have in my favourites until my laptop died and I was forced to defragment the hd. (Of course I hadn't thought to back up my favourites.)

The site was a timeline of technology / innovations / science / discoveries etc running from the cave-dwellers through to present time. It wasn't exactly academic, nor was it always reliable, but it was a nice overview and starting point for furhter research (e.g. What kinds of electrical equipment could my 1923 London housewife conceivably have had access to - further resources now that I have some ideas).

Does this ring any bells at all?
Many thanks and ta
M

maya

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lloyd!

Thanks regardless: I shall go and play on that for a while (it looks fun). If I ever find the site will post it here, in case anyone is interested.

Take care and have a lovely weekend!
M

maya

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eiko

Thanks a million - it's not the one I was using but may just do the trick.

Cheers again
M

Deleted member 42

maya said:
Hi Eiko

Thanks a million - it's not the one I was using but may just do the trick.

Cheers again
M

You might see if your public library has a copy of the Sears catalog from the early 1920s; many of them do, since they've been reprinted for research purposes. Also look at back issues of magazine and newspapers, especially the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.