• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

CP wanted for humor novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings AW!

I am currently looking for a critique partner for my comedy/sci-fi/police procedural/superhero novel, 'Bladeforce'. Having gone through more drafts than I can count, I'd like to think it is reasonably polished, though far from beta territory. The story is rather off-the-wall, foul-mouthed, and probably not to everyone's taste, but I think fans of bizarre humor will enjoy it. Think 'Hobo With A Shotgun' and it's a start.

'Bladeforce' is the story of two cops, living in an alternate dimension where inline skates do not exist. After an eccentric scientist shows up brutally murdered, homicide detective Jackson Hunter and streetwise hacker Creeflo 'Cree-Cree' Stallworth find themselves pitted against deranged billionaire Merlyn Hossenkoff and the forces of corruption in Venice Boardwalk City. When the President is kidnapped, Merlyn's evil intentions are revealed, and Jackson and Cree-Cree must utilize the power of interdimensional travel to acquire inline skates and use them to save the leader of the free world from Hossenkoff's bizarre torments.

'Bladeforce' is a comedy first and foremost, relying on large doses of absurdism, shock humor, racial politics, and jokes about Los Angeles and crime drama in general. Right now it is 75,000 words long, and in my opinion a little overwound. If anyone want to take a look, I would be happy to swap. In terms of feedback I'm trying to find out what works and what doesn't, primarily when it comes to jokes but I also would like to know where the plot is coherent and what doesn't make sense I have no real time frame in mind, let's say get back to me in three months and it's cool, though you can probably knock it out in two afternoons. IF you are willing to swap, I am especially interested in science fiction, fantasy, and horror, though I would also be rather interested in crime and detective fiction, since that is what I'm trying to parody. If you have something different than that and REALLY want to read 'Bladeforce' though, I'll probably read that too. Anyone who's interested, PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.