• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Have You Ever Seen a Ghost? Looking for Beta Reader or Beta Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Think you've seen a ghost? What makes you so sure it was someone from the past?

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for beta readers for a full second draft of a sci-fi/dystopian novel (although can send in chunks/first three chapters etc.). In the 27th Century, when huge areas of history and knowledge have been lost, Dyrne is a historian with a difference. Along with his colleagues, he uses advanced - and secret - technology to "visit" the past, cataloguing and reporting on what he finds. As well as keeping his occupation hidden, though, Dyrne is struggling with secrets of his own. Why does he have recurring dreams about a dead body? Why is he obsessed with a post-War equality campaigner he only met once? And why is he lying to those closest to him?

Turning the Hourglass is around 93,000 words long and has no sexual content and infrequent swearing. I'm looking for feedback on plot (and plotholes!), characterisation, development of theme, evocation of setting, believability, engagement - that sort of thing. I'm willing to beta swap with other authors who might be looking for something similar (or editing on style, grammar etc.). I'd mostly like to read sci-fi, dystopian, fantasy, mystery or thriller but open to anything with an interesting hook!

PM me if you are interested or email me at [email protected]. Thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.