• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for Dystopian Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
Good on beta readers for now. Thank you to all those who inquired!

In search of a beta reader for a short story totaling 5,427 words. It's been beta read previously and I made significant changes to the beginning based on that feedback. I know it still needs work, but I can definitely use a fresh set of eyes.

Genre: Dystopian, dark speculative fiction with a smattering of sci-fi elements. It's actually an offshoot of my current novel - I wanted to explore a supporting character's background. Although the MC is a teenager, I don't know if I'd classify it as YA.

Feedback desired: I'm looking to tighten the overall plot and ensure the clarity of what's happening. There's also a few instances where I think my narrative ventures over the line into info-dumping. Honesty encouraged.

Swap: I'm open to swapping for another short story or a novella in the horror/sci-fi/thriller/crime mystery genres.

Please DM if interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.