PDA

View Full Version : Happy International Hangover Day

jjdebenedictis
01-02-2015, 01:47 AM
How y'all feeling? A whole bunch :snoopy: , or a little :e2hammer: from the drink, or maybe a bit :e2paperba depending on how you behaved last night?

I would have posted this earlier, but, y'know, mornings...

Helix
01-02-2015, 01:54 AM
HOPE YOU'RE ALL BRIGHT-EYED AND BUSHY-TAILED TODAY.

:hooray::banana::Jump::TheWave::e2bear::e2bouncey

:e2dance::e2headban

It's well into 2 Jan here, but I'm sure there are some people who are still...er...under the weather

M.S. Wiggins
01-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Mimosas take care of the last of the champagne, and the...dog of...the...hair? No, hairy dogs. Right? Whatever. Today's leftover concoctions fix yesterday's aches. Excedrin helps, too!

MaryMumsy
01-02-2015, 02:02 AM
No hangovers here. We didn't over indulge last night, had one 'bloody' each with brunch, and have now switched over to Scotch (for him) and Jack (for me) to watch the two big bowl games.

MM

M.S. Wiggins
01-02-2015, 02:11 AM
...and Jack (for me)...

Must be nice. I have a low tolerance. If I drank Jack, though I've served many, in all ways imaginable, I'd be swinging from the chandeliers...or dancing on the tabletops!

Happy 2015 Everybody!

backslashbaby
01-02-2015, 04:06 AM
I'm sick as a dog but from getting sick, not drink :) My cough medicine does have codeine in it, so there is that :D

MaryMumsy
01-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Must be nice. I have a low tolerance. If I drank Jack, though I've served many, in all ways imaginable, I'd be swinging from the chandeliers...or dancing on the tabletops!

Happy 2015 Everybody!

I always say I come from a long line of French lushes. Dad could hold his liquor well, so could Grand Dad. And when my great grandmother died the local cafe/bar still had most of a case of Christian Brothers brandy in the back room that was for her. He would order it in by the case and sell it to her one bottle at a time. She was Quebecois and Catholic, and it was made by the monks, don't you know. My grandfather offered to take it off his hands, but he said no. He kept it and opened a bottle on special occasions in her memory.

MM

Lhowling
01-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Ugh I'm still feeling it... this glass or merlot does not help...

Rotes
01-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Ugh I'm still feeling it... this glass or merlot does not help...

Of course not. Merlot is too sweet. What you want is something nice and dry, like a syrah.
It will get you drunk muuuch quicker. :Jump:

WriteMinded
01-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Haven't had a hangover for 40 years. Haven't been in jail or danced on a table top for that long, either. :D

Alpha Echo
01-02-2015, 06:50 PM
I wasn't hungover yesterday, but today....got a good headache happening.