Third C.C. Finlay F&SF sub period open

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
It's January 1st somewhere (Oceania), so C.C. Finlay's opened electronic submissions for his third guest issue of F&SF:

http://submissions.ccfinlay.com/fsf/

Last time I didn't get the guts to sub until the penultimate day, and ended up six-hundred-and-somethingth in line. This time, I'm No. 19! Good luck to all who throw their hat in the ring.

Peace
Ty

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Thanks for the head's up. I had forgotten all about this. I'm now number 43 in queue. If only I could have gotten 42, I'm sure I'd have been the answer to all their submission needs. (Of course, that would have made my submission the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, also, but I suppose I shouldn't aim too high.)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up. I had forgotten all about this. I'm now number 43 in queue. If only I could have gotten 42, I'm sure I'd have been the answer to all their submission needs. (Of course, that would have made my submission the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, also, but I suppose I shouldn't aim too high.)

HAH! I'm number 42. :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com

47 for me...

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
33 for me. Last time I was way up in the 6 or 7 hundreds. This time, I'm getting in early! :D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:scared:

You guys are completely freaking me out. I'm down to #23.

I really like the story I subbed, but it's odd, so I am filled with anxious doomy thoughts, and being able to check exactly where I am in the queue is totally throwing me off my subbing-zen.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
I love that everyone's getting a chance with lucky No. 42!

For the record, I'm now down to 7; if previous windows are any indication, I'll stay there for a while as he sorts out the "maybes" and "no"s. I think, though, this means I'm a maybe. We'll see.

Peace
Ty

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
#28 now. I don't expect much from this story, to be honest. I like its bones, but I can tell there's still something off in the execution. It feels like when you watch a cooking competition and the judges say, "This tastes great, but your knife skills are terrible." My story probably has a few lumpy potatoes. But it was the only un-subbed thing I had on hand (and will have for some time), so I figured what the heck. Didn't want to miss the window.

Last edited:

Ariella

Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted a story, and I'm at #277. It looks like Mr. Finlay has his work cut out for him.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Not unexpectedly, I'm out. Good luck to the rest of you! :)

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Got an awesome personal that pointed out what was wrong with my knife work. Fixed the lumpy bits (I hope) and now I'm off to submit it somewhere else.

I quite like this C.C. Finlay character.

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate online submission trackers like the one used here, the downside is that I'm constantly checking the damn thing!

Bad writer, bad. *slaps hand, slinks off to work on other stuff*

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection. I like this story, but it's basically a pure action story, nothing deeper. Oh well. CC Finlay always writes lovely rejections at least.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Well, based on his comments from the previous story I subbed him, I sent Finlay something I hope fits his taste. Thanks to the Rejectomancy thread because I'd completely forgotten the window was open! #323...