What Super-Human/Natural Powers Would You Choose!

chiragthewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Say you were given an option for a Super-Human/Natural ability.

What would you choose?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Flight. Yeah, I know it's cliché, and usually a supplementary power. I mean, what can you really do with just flight? Flight + super speed, super-strength, really any other power, yeah, but just flight? It's completely selfish. But I've never dreamed of lifting city buses or outrunning a train or even taking bullets or taking to animals. My dreams are always about flying. No question, that's my choice. I want to fly.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've had this discussion over the dinner table many times. I want to read minds, please.

There's always someone who says, "What if you can't turn it off, though?"

In which case I read minds, develop a harder shell, and live far from most people.

Maryn, who knows what you're thinking

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheerleader's power, from Heroes. Ability to heal from just about anything, combined with immortality (if we assume she's the same as samurai guy).

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Invisibility's a good one. When I was young I craved that. But today, probably flight. I no longer obsess about what things might look like in the girls' locker room.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Rejuvenation/instant healing. Getting old sucks.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like telekinesis. move things*including myself, HUZZAH!* with my mind. wicked.

Me, too! And it could include great strength as well :D

I have a really bad back problem, and I swear the idea of moving things with my mind instead of my body is definitely the most tempting power around for me.

Maybe even like on Bewitched. Would hers count as many powers or just one? If one, I want that :D

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Telekinesis. You'd be frightened by how much of my adolescence was spent coming up with elaborate revenge fantasies I'd never carry out.

Don't worry; I've since mellowed out. Now I'd mostly just use my telekinesis to be lazy and punk with people. Which is how all superpowers should be used. :D

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I would like the ability to raise the dead because I want to reenact the Pet Semetary. I am a horrible human being.

Although mind control would also be nice.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
As a young CB, I wanted to be able to fly. At present, I prefer the superhero ability to predict the winning lottery numbers, buy the tickets at the opportune time and profit accordingly. Then ALL will bask in the glory of my Pokemon and gaming theme park!

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Flight. Yeah, I know it's cliché, and usually a supplementary power. I mean, what can you really do with just flight? Flight + super speed, super-strength, really any other power, yeah, but just flight? It's completely selfish. But I've never dreamed of lifting city buses or outrunning a train or even taking bullets or taking to animals. My dreams are always about flying. No question, that's my choice. I want to fly.

I love the idea of flying. But it can get complicated. If you fly too fast, the air itself can hamper breathing. Flying at 200 miles per hour is like standing in a 200MPH wind. It's NOT easy. Or if you forget that high altitude equals low air pressure. Anoxia is a thing, you know.

So flight with invulnerability. Still susceptible to altitude. But what if the invulnerability worked so well that you couldn't even feel? That actually drives people insane.

Complicated...

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
I'd chose the ability to fly... but I'm scared something may strike me down (maybe a thunder, an airplane, lack of air, you name it =P)

So instead I'm going with telekinesis =) Moving things with my mind and tease people sounds like a nice power

Lhowling

Mischief Witch
Registered
Reaction score
I want the power to be one with nature. Communicate with animals, bend weather to do what I want, shift into trees or animals or elements!

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Just remember to keep your landing gear down, don't stall on final, and don't balloon up when you flare. Easy-peasy.

I'd like to be able to heal.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I can already fly, so I'd have to go with the power to comprehend, speak, and write in all the world's languages. FTW

Layla Lawlor

Registered
Reaction score
Flying is the one I've always wanted. :D

Though I also think being able to create illusions would be pretty sweet.

Writers Bloc

Registered
Reaction score
it would have to be invisibility! but secondary question.. if the "genie" providing the super power says you need to "limit" your power so as to not upset the balance or whatever. how would you limit the power?

for me it would be invisibility, but nothing you touch is invisible (clothes, wallet etc)

chiragthewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Flight is a very dominant power amongst people's dreams. However I want to have the ability of telekinesis combined with the power to shoot plasma off my hands.