PDA

View Full Version : What Super-Human/Natural Powers Would You Choose!

chiragthewriter
12-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Say you were given an option for a Super-Human/Natural ability.

What would you choose?

Maggie Maxwell
12-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Flight. Yeah, I know it's cliché, and usually a supplementary power. I mean, what can you really do with just flight? Flight + super speed, super-strength, really any other power, yeah, but just flight? It's completely selfish. But I've never dreamed of lifting city buses or outrunning a train or even taking bullets or taking to animals. My dreams are always about flying. No question, that's my choice. I want to fly.

Maryn
12-31-2014, 09:38 PM
We've had this discussion over the dinner table many times. I want to read minds, please.

There's always someone who says, "What if you can't turn it off, though?"

In which case I read minds, develop a harder shell, and live far from most people.

Maryn, who knows what you're thinking

Ladyxkaa
12-31-2014, 09:52 PM
I'd like telekinesis. move things*including myself, HUZZAH!* with my mind. wicked.

Dennis E. Taylor
01-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Cheerleader's power, from Heroes. Ability to heal from just about anything, combined with immortality (if we assume she's the same as samurai guy).

Haggis
01-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Invisibility's a good one. When I was young I craved that. But today, probably flight. I no longer obsess about what things might look like in the girls' locker room.

Caitlin Black
01-01-2015, 03:29 AM
Shapeshifting, and the power to actually get a job. ;)

jjdebenedictis
01-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Rejuvenation/instant healing. Getting old sucks.

backslashbaby
01-01-2015, 04:42 AM
I'd like telekinesis. move things*including myself, HUZZAH!* with my mind. wicked.

Me, too! And it could include great strength as well :D

I have a really bad back problem, and I swear the idea of moving things with my mind instead of my body is definitely the most tempting power around for me.

Maybe even like on Bewitched. Would hers count as many powers or just one? If one, I want that :D

Emermouse
01-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Telekinesis. You'd be frightened by how much of my adolescence was spent coming up with elaborate revenge fantasies I'd never carry out.

Don't worry; I've since mellowed out. Now I'd mostly just use my telekinesis to be lazy and punk with people. Which is how all superpowers should be used. :D

Rotes
01-01-2015, 07:56 AM
I would like the ability to raise the dead because I want to reenact the Pet Semetary. I am a horrible human being.

Although mind control would also be nice.

Melanii
01-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Telekinesis! I'm physically weak, so it'd be helpful!

C.bronco
01-01-2015, 09:08 AM
As a young CB, I wanted to be able to fly. At present, I prefer the superhero ability to predict the winning lottery numbers, buy the tickets at the opportune time and profit accordingly. Then ALL will bask in the glory of my Pokemon and gaming theme park!

robjvargas
01-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Flight. Yeah, I know it's cliché, and usually a supplementary power. I mean, what can you really do with just flight? Flight + super speed, super-strength, really any other power, yeah, but just flight? It's completely selfish. But I've never dreamed of lifting city buses or outrunning a train or even taking bullets or taking to animals. My dreams are always about flying. No question, that's my choice. I want to fly.

I love the idea of flying. But it can get complicated. If you fly too fast, the air itself can hamper breathing. Flying at 200 miles per hour is like standing in a 200MPH wind. It's NOT easy. Or if you forget that high altitude equals low air pressure. Anoxia is a thing, you know.

So flight with invulnerability. Still susceptible to altitude. But what if the invulnerability worked so well that you couldn't even feel? That actually drives people insane.

Complicated...

Altiv
01-01-2015, 09:55 PM
I'd chose the ability to fly... but I'm scared something may strike me down (maybe a thunder, an airplane, lack of air, you name it =P)

So instead I'm going with telekinesis =) Moving things with my mind and tease people sounds like a nice power

Dennis E. Taylor
01-02-2015, 04:48 AM
Getting sucked into a jet engine can ruin your whole day.

Just remember... No capes!

Lhowling
01-02-2015, 04:54 AM
I want the power to be one with nature. Communicate with animals, bend weather to do what I want, shift into trees or animals or elements!

Maggie Maxwell
01-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Getting sucked into a jet engine can ruin your whole day.

Just remember... No capes!

Of course. No capes, no cruising altitude.

Caitlin Black
01-02-2015, 05:48 AM
And all you people that want to fly should probably also wish for the superpower of knowing how to land. :tongue

CathleenT
01-02-2015, 06:22 AM
Just remember to keep your landing gear down, don't stall on final, and don't balloon up when you flare. Easy-peasy.

I'd like to be able to heal.

Tepelus
01-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Another vote for telekinesis.

KTC
01-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I can already fly, so I'd have to go with the power to comprehend, speak, and write in all the world's languages. FTW

Layla Lawlor
01-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Flying is the one I've always wanted. :D

Though I also think being able to create illusions would be pretty sweet.

Writers Bloc
01-02-2015, 09:11 AM
it would have to be invisibility! but secondary question.. if the "genie" providing the super power says you need to "limit" your power so as to not upset the balance or whatever. how would you limit the power?

for me it would be invisibility, but nothing you touch is invisible (clothes, wallet etc)

chiragthewriter
01-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Flight is a very dominant power amongst people's dreams. However I want to have the ability of telekinesis combined with the power to shoot plasma off my hands.

lastlittlebird
01-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Is time-stop abilities an option? Because I've always wanted to be able to do that. Mostly so I could nap whenever I felt like.
But, you know, also to help people, prank dictators, stuff like that.

If time manipulation isn't an option then I'd also like to be able to read minds. That's definitely an author's superpower... my character motivations would become more realistic than ever!

Vito
01-03-2015, 02:15 AM
I'll go with superhuman speed, like The Flash. I'm an incredibly fast walker anyway (people say that, all the time) but I'd love to take it to the next level, and the level above that, and so on.

Or maybe a magic ring, like The Green Lantern. But instead of a ring I'll wear a choker necklace, with a row of puka shells and some kind of cryptic ornament in the front center. This magic choker necklace will grant me a variety of good-guy superhero powers, depending on the situation -- local crime spree, imminent world destruction, damsel in distress, whatever.