• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

L'Abeille Publishing

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming what Jim linked to is the one in question:

L'abeille Publishing, Inc.: No glaring red flags. May warrant further consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

katari

Registered
Reaction score
L'Abeille Publishing warning

Have you been solicited by L'Abeille Publishing? I've been tracking the con-artist behind this company for several years now. By the way, all of the "authors" listed on her website are the same person using different aliases. Here are a few links about the unnamed author(s)/publisher behind L'Abeille Publishing:

[size=-1]http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff107434.htm

Here is google's cache of 3 news stories warning about her:

[/size] BBC - Watchdog - Property Con Report[size=+1]
Glasgow Con-woman[/size]

8th March 2005

We are warning viewers to watch out for an American called
Alexandrea Stewart or Alex MacIan, or Andrea Delauren, or
whatever name she is using this week.... cont'

[size=-1]
[/size]DON'T LET HER CON YOU TOO
Jan 7 2005

Property cheat is convicted crook
By John Ferguson

[size=-1]

[/size]RECORD INVESTIGATION: DON'T BET THE MORTGAGE ON THIS WOMAN AND HER FIRM
Sep 20 2004
WEALTH WARNING TO PROPERTY BUYERS:
Exclusive By John Ferguson

[size=-1]
[/size]Email me if you'd like more information about her and her numerous "companies". Also any information you can share may prevent others from becoming victims. Thanks in advance!

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
How is it that you know this website is run by the person you named, given that there is no name mentioned on the site?

Whois info:
Registrant:
labeillepublishing
954 Lexington Ave
NY, NY 10021
US

Domain name: LABEILLEPUBLISHING.COM

Administrative Contact:
Lynch, Amy labeillepublish at aol.com
954 Lexington Ave
Atlanta, NY 10021
US
212-501-2933
Technical Contact:
Lynch, Amy labeillepublish at aol.com
954 Lexington Ave
NY, NY 10021
US
212-501-2933

Amy Lynch doesn't appear to be one of the aliases used by the woman you linked reports about.

OTOH, the website had very little information about books they've published.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to give too much away here

as I'd rather not hinder my ability to keep tabs on her in the future. PM me and I'll be happy to show you (and anyone else interested) proof it is most certainly the same person.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Meh.

That being said, L'Abeille has all the earmarks of a self-publishing venture expanding into general publishing, so if folks do approach them, remember Yog's Law: Money flows toward the author. If a publisher ask for money at any time, run screaming.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
Her MO is get goods and services (i.e. your work)

and never pay you. She'll promise and give excuses but will never come through. Then she'll shut down and disappear again. Good luck to anyone foolish enough to do business with her. There are hundreds of people to which she owes money who will never be paid.

If anyone doubts this is the same scammer, just send me a PM.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
While I'm pretty skeptical of anonymous, no-backup-evidence-provided accusations of scammery, it's at least a bit suggestive that most of the books on L'Abeille's nonfiction page involve real estate or rental property.

With no other information available, I'd suggest caution with this publisher. The website is amateurish, the book covers ditto, and many of the links don't work consistently. There's no indication that the publisher works with a distributor, and no info on who's behind the company. Book prices suggest POD.

- Victoria

katari

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone would like evidence please

let me know in this thread and I will PM you. I hope you understand that publishing it in a public forum will compromise my ability to uncover future scams if the scammer knows my techniques. Thanks.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
How many convicted felons have you tracked?

My offer stands. I know it's her by unique IP address matching. If you want details let me know, but the precise method employed I will not post in public.

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Victoria could ask the same question of you, katari. Your "I will not post in public" is nonsense, as how would you prevent the person you give details to from posting those details in this thread?

I'm bowing out of this now, this isn't productive.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
Why don't you do even the most basic research on Ann and Victoria and Writer Beware and find out for yourself? Ann and Victoria have worked with the FBI. Have you?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
*cough*

A visit to her website will show that she (and Esteemed Company) not only track felons, but put them behind bars.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to share my information

with them and anyone else who is interested in thwarting scammers with the stipulation that it remain safe from criminal eyes. Of course you are welcome to disregard my warning. Maybe in a few months, when her new victims start registering their complaints, you can direct your well-earned skepticism towards an appropriate target. I'm really not sure why the aversion to PMs, but hey, it's your choice.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
with them and anyone else who is interested in thwarting scammers with the stipulation that it remain safe from criminal eyes. Of course you are welcome to disregard my warning. Maybe in a few months, when her new victims start registering their complaints, you can direct your well-earned skepticism towards an appropriate target. I'm really not sure why the aversion to PMs, but hey, it's your choice.
That's quite an interesting misrepresentation of our statements, objections, and concerns.

Honestly, how seriously can I take someone who couldn't even be bothered to Google Victoria's experience? You may indeed have useful information, katari, but no one could tell so from how you present yourself here. If you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest you work on your presentation and your research.

Brad05

Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
[size=-1]Here is google's cache of 3 news stories warning about her:[/size]
Hey bub. How come you posting cached pages? Aren't the real ones there any more? If not, maybe thats coz they were horsesheet?

Me smells somebody tryin to trash somebody else's good name for some unknown reason. Not nice, not nice at all.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
Sure Brad, why don't you do business with her and report back to us?

You might have noticed that on both the BBC Watchdog site and the Daily Record site no articles at all past a certain date are available any longer. But don't let me stop you from giving "L'Abeille Publishing" a chance. Some just have to learn the hard way.

The New York Post
September 28, 2003, Sunday
HEADLINE: PRACTICALLY ZIP; E-MAIL REAL ESTATE SERVICE ACCUSED OF FRAUD
BYLINE: ANNE BECKER

The company solicited apartment-hunters through the popular craigslist.com, promising to send daily e-mails of New York apartment listings for an annual fee of $195 - all but $15 of which it claimed would be refundable if the hunter rented an apartment through other means.

Now, dozens of former customers have complained on web sites, to government agencies and the Better Business Bureau and say the e-mails were spotty, the apartments dingy and the company's representatives unreachable.

The ensuing squabble has dragged in major credit card companies, government agencies and the owner of craigslist.com, the popular online community.

At least six Practically Rented subscribers who found apartments elsewhere said they tried filing for the promised refund, only to find a computerized voice mail and no responses from a generic bookkeeping e-mail address.

The customers say instead of refunding the $195, Practically Rented charged their credit cards an additional $195 fee a few months later.

"When I heard the money-back guarantee, I assumed they were so good they could make money, but I immediately put my guard up," said environmental consultant Charlotte Matthews, who filed with the New York State Consumer Protection Board.

Three former employees of the company say the woman behind the mess is Alexandrea Stewart.

"Stewart is the source of the problem," said Maggie Ocampo, who said she left Practically Rented two months after Stewart hired her to manage an office for the company.

"She was always stressed out. She always had an excuse." -- more...

dailyrecord24qf.th.jpg

alexandreastewart9jj.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Brad05 said:
Hey bub. How come you posting cached pages? Aren't the real ones there any more? If not, maybe thats coz they were horsesheet?

Me smells somebody tryin to trash somebody else's good name for some unknown reason. Not nice, not nice at all.

So have you actually got anything good to say about her, or are you just pissing in the pond?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
katari, do you have permission to repost that copyrighted material? We're a bit fussy about that here.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
Good point

Hi Aconite,
I only posted what was the original free part of the article when it was first archived. I believe the portion I posted is covered by fair use. It's a good deal longer than what I included here. The rest is available for purchase.

I used to work in clearances so I am aware of the legal parameters. If any mods feel that it might cause this site trouble, I'll be happy to remove/edit any portion of that post.
Thanks.