Call for Paranormal Romance/Romantic Suspense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Anna Louise Genoese, Editor Extraordinaire at Tor, needs both paranormal romance and romantic suspense novels to fill up some slots. Check out this entry and if you have something you think will suit fire that baby up. Good luck! =)

I just put Touch of Evil by our own Cathy C. (and her co-writer C.T. Adams), and The Challenge and The Dare by Susan Kearney on hold at Borders for market research purposes. Can't wait to read them and hopefully I'll discover that one of my paranormals might be up Anna Louise's alley!

Last edited:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I think you mean "editor" at Tor, Kasey. But yes, she's SUPER to work with and I highly recommend you send things if something you have fits.

(PS--thanks for buying our book, Kasey! You're a doll! :Hug2: )

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
(Bleh...yeah I meant editor, Cathy. That's what I get for posting in a rush at the end of the work day! =) And you're welcome...I've been meaning to buy it anyway. It looks like it's my cup of tea and I'm reading it first. Don't tell Susan. ;) ) I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. *grin*

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
:) Thanks, Kasey for your "heads up" on Anna Genoese's call for submissions.

As much as I love paranormal romance, I have a seed of an idea and about 20 pages for a romantic suspense.

I'm definitely going to write and finish it for submission--at least the first 3 chapters etc., but of course I have to finish the whole novel first.
Full speed ahead.:snoopy:

I grew up reading romantic suspense, and until paranormal romance came along, it was my favorite genre to write. Now it's one of my two favorite genres.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Cathy: I enjoyed your take on vampires. It was quite interesting. Katie was also a fun heroine to read and I look forward to the sequels. =)

Someday I may try a twist on vampires but right now I'm working with phoenixes and dragons instead. *grin*

Josie: Paranormal romances are my favorite right now. Well, tied with urban fantasies and fantasies.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks, Kasey! Now, you just learned the KEY to submitting to Anna! You have to have a "take" on whatever you do. It has to be new, fresh, totally unlike anything on the market, current or past.

The closer to can make your story to "Well, um . . . there really isn't anything TO compare it to on the shelf!" the better she'll like it! :)

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Thanks for the tip! =) I'm hoping that she'll find my current WIP unique. I'm taking an old idea, elementals, and putting a twist on them. In the process I get to kill my main characters over and over again which is pretty darned fun. It really appeals to the sadistic writer in me. *grin*

Status
Not open for further replies.