• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Needing... Someone, or Some People...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I'm one of those people who never finishes anything. The reasons usually include deep depression or no motivation. I've been working on this novel for awhile now -- the title has changed several times, and so has the basic "plot" and way it has been written.

It's the first book since 2007 that I have actually written over 1000 words on, so I don't want to quit. Besides, I love most of the characters. Or at least two of them.

My mind keeps telling me over and over that there's no plot, no conflict, no tension, and that it's probably boring. It's been written two other times, this time being the third.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I would write after this, so it HAS to be finished.

When I'm not writing on this book, I'm sitting around feeling "meh". It's all I've got going for me at the moment...

--------------------
---------

Genre: High Fantasy

Sylphia Faine killed the lord who assaulted her younger sister Clover, and now she deals with her crimes under a contract with the mercenary group the Steel Wolves. Stubborn and feisty, she’s not afraid to speak her mind, even if it angers the Guildmaster’s only son, Zahki–the member she’s paired up with to pass her initiation job. During the mission, however, they encounter something they were not expected, and Sylphia has to pay for it.

Clover Faine regrets her actions the caused the now dead nobleman to stalk her. She once craved attention from everyone, especially boys. With people accusing her of being a no-good whore, she would rather disappear and be alone. Still, she is all her father has left of family, and in order to show her face again, Clover has to change something. She has to tell everyone the truth, even it means writing it under a different name.

Together, with Sylphia’s blade and Clover’s quill, these sisters will take back the lives they deserve.

Feedback: I want people who can either encourage me as much as possibly and people who would read what I have and give me pointers, or their opinions on what it's missing.

Publishing: Traditional/Trade.

Credentials: Enthusiasm and patience. Avid reader of fantasy, at least.

This book contains swearing and sexual references. Violence may be included, but not written well.

Thank you to anyone who reads this!

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
After tomorrow, I am off for 11 days, send a PM if you want me take a look and I will give you an opinion.

khobar

Be constructive
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpnixon.com
I don't "do" high fantasy, but I understand what you're facing. If it's any help, your summary has more life in it than many others I've read, so that's good.

When I say I don't "do" high fantasy, it's just not something I'm altogether familiar with. I generally prefer sci-fi, but I am at open-minded, and if you'd like my opinion I'd be happy to oblige.

You might also be interested in contacting James A. Owen, author of the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series. He's a very cool and very approachable fellow and might be just what you're needing. http://jamesaowen.com/

Good luck,
Richard

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
T Robinson said:
After tomorrow, I am off for 11 days, send a PM if you want me take a look and I will give you an opinion.

I'll send you one tomorrow, then. Thank you!

khobar said:
I don't "do" high fantasy, but I understand what you're facing. If it's any help, your summary has more life in it than many others I've read, so that's good.

When I say I don't "do" high fantasy, it's just not something I'm altogether familiar with. I generally prefer sci-fi, but I am at open-minded, and if you'd like my opinion I'd be happy to oblige.

You might also be interested in contacting James A. Owen, author of the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series. He's a very cool and very approachable fellow and might be just what you're needing. http://jamesaowen.com/

Good luck,
Richard

Your help would be appreciated as well. Even if it's just telling me what's boring or not. :p

Funny thing is, I don't *do* sci-fi, but part of me is intrigued.

That James A. Owen guy writes AND draws!? Just like me!? Oh cool. Now, I must ask, as someone who's terrible with strangers, how would someone like me approach him...?

khobar

Be constructive
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpnixon.com
If you're shy and/or terrible with strangers, I can't think of a better person for you to approach, and the best way is to simply say hello. ;)

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
I love the idea of this story! I am in the same boat as you, needing to get my story written but finding it hard to stay motivated. I am writing fantasy also. I would love to talk to you more, to see if we can help each other out. Pm me if you want to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.