The day when I forgot to close my mouth

Joi Phillips

Registered
Reaction score
I think I have a new story to write and it is a funny one. My dad, who is now 63 has decided to start dating again! Well, he and my mom were together since their early 20's, I think and when she passed, he said he is happy to just watch me and my kids grow. For some reason, those, I think he has found a "crush." Last Friday, when he was over for dinner, he asked me how his new shirt look on him, because he was planning to wear it for his "date." That was when I forgot to close my mouth.

unionrdr

wannbe author
Registered
Reaction score
My wife & I started dating after having met in 1st grade. I can't imagine being without her & her big ta-ta's...oh wait....repair inner monolog...Error? Error? Must anylize eeerrrrooorrrr...errrrrorrrrooooorrrrr pzizzle poof...

Joi Phillips

Registered
Reaction score
My wife & I started dating after having met in 1st grade. I can't imagine being without her & her big ta-ta's...oh wait....repair inner monolog...Error? Error? Must anylize eeerrrrooorrrr...errrrrorrrrooooorrrrr pzizzle poof...

First grade? Wow! LOL

Joi Phillips

Registered
Reaction score
My dad's latest adventures include going to the doctor to consult about getting long hair - well, not really long but kind of up to his should - like Dr. Chase in house in one of the episodes (his description, not mine). My dad is so cute. Who has a dad as cute as him?

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
That's adorable :D Just a bit of fashion advice though: certain hair lengths may look cool and beachboy on younger models, but with increasing age, long hair can look sleazy/shady-club-owner'y. Unless it's in a ponytail and accompanied by a goatee. Then it's badass! Otherwise I'd go for a Clooney or for a Lapid (Yair).
Good luck to your dad!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
We lost my mom in 1984. My Dad took it hard but about two years later my kids, husband and I were staying with him at his house. I was folding laundry when I noticed that Dad had new pajamas. Baby blue pajamas! Coincidentally Dad's eyes were baby blue. Hmmm, I thought to myself. When I told my husband about my discovery he scoffed (Scoffing at my investigative reporting was one of his favorite hobbies.)

Later that vacation Dad announced that he was keeping company (his exact words) with a widow, mother to kids we knew from school. I told my husband that things were beyond simple keeping company. Once again he scoffed.

The next month we were at home, 90 miles away, but had to drive our daughter into Dad's town for a dr. appt. The appt was at 8 a.m. but we had made arrangements to have breakfast with dad at 7 a.m. We were in town even earlier, about six, so we drove to Dad's house. Everything was locked up. No cell phones back then. We peeked in the window to see if everything was okay. The bed was made up, everything in order. The house was empty. The Hutchinson Herald was still on the sidewalk. We were a little worried.

We had a breakfast at a cafe and then went back to check on Dad. He was in his pajamas, his bed was unmade and he asked us why we were so late! My husband put a hand over Annie's mouth before she could say anything. Later we laughed and laughed on the way home. Dad's lady friend lived on a farm some twenty miles from town. He must have had a fast drive on county roads, to get back to town, put on his jammies, unmake his bed, take the newspaper in and start the coffee perking! Annie couldn't wait to tell her sisters the scandal!!!! --s6

Last edited: