PDA

View Full Version : Curious...

kevacho
01-08-2005, 12:37 AM
I would like to try this mentoring thing. If there might be someone out there willing to help.

I have been writing for a long time. I am more of a "instinctive writer", who writes from the heart and the gut. My biggest weakness appears to be that I "tell" too much, and don't "show" enough.

Currently, I have the first few chapters of a novel being looked over by an agent, and am working on trying to get another novel (this one being a thriller or suspense or what have you) into the best shape it can be. This is my goal. I may have sent the first novel out prematurely.

So... if there is someone who might be interested in helping, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kevin
www.kevacho.com

Nateskate
01-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Just saying hello, and hope things work out for you. How long have you been writing?

I'm not good enough at this art to mentor anyone, but I do know this, the more you write, the more you learn, the more your writing matures.

So, if things don't work out and this was premature, don't lose heart.

Essentially, you can look at it one of two ways. You can move on to a new project, or if you had a great idea, take a little time away from the story, and come back to it with a fresh perspective, and make the changes necessary to make it work. Hope it works out.

Nate.

kevacho
01-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out Nateskate. Really good to hear from you.

To answer your question, I've been writing for well over 20 years. And trust me, I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Good luck with your own writing and again, thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Kevin
www.kevacho.com

Natalia
01-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Kev-

What genre are you writing? I am always happy to look at other people's stuff. I believe in writers helping one another.

-Natalia

kevacho
01-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Hay Natalia,

To answer your question, at the moment, I'm mostly in horror, and or, suspense. The novel I'm working on right now is a horror that I will submit to WOTC. The suspense novel is something I'm going to query agents with.

Kevin
www.kevacho.com

"Awww... coffe... "