• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for 71k YA contemporary fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
Hello! I'm in need of a beta, preferably someone who's a fan of YA paranormal/fantasy/whatever the kids are calling it these days. ;)

Book: Query in progress over here. tl;dr ghost-hunting Catholic schoolgirl ticks off some demons. It's got some funny, some sad, some scary, some (kinda twisted) romance. The first chapter is here.

Feedback desired: Mainly, thoughts on characterization. I don't want to say too much because I want unbiased opinions. Tried some stuff and want to see if it works, etc. Besides that, any feedback you're comfortable giving.

Critique tolerance: Honest but constructive, please. Hoping to find ideas on how to improve. I want this book to be GOOD, damnit.

Experience: This is my fifth novel; I've had two books agented but neither sold.

Swap: I'm always happy to read YA, but it could take me a long time. My willing beta profile.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
What a clear, concise, informative post.

I don't have anything to swap at the moment, but I'm willing to lend a hand, depending on how fast you want it. PM me, I guess?

DCVermillion

DC Vermillion
Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing to swap first chapters if you'd like, too see if a read for read fits us both.

Mine is an adult scifi (some cursing, violence, adult content in the PG-13 to R range)

PM me if this is something you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.