Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Now, we don't especially celebrate the holiday (we celebrate a different one only on Xmas as that's when we get time off work...)

But we do buy pressies. Not many, but a few.

So what pressies have you brought for your loved ones?

For my Old Man and Son (and wishing I had the forethought to get one for myself tbh) a day at a Spy Academy -- ex Special Forces guys train you in sniper rifles etc, then you go through a whole spy "scenario" to use all the things you learnt. They will love it.

My Mum reckons my Dad wants a bee house? So I got him one.

And my daughter wanted Goth make up, so she has foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick and perfume

You?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:D Oh, well, I have a nephew who is in his first year of college, so I got him a Bullshit button. It's a red button, about the size of a lemon, and when you push it it lights up and buzzes and a voice says "Bullshit! I call bullshit!"

I figure he'll need that.

His older brother works for the Park Service in all kinds a places like Grand Canyon and Yosemite and sends pictures of him and buds trekking around and bear sightings and the like, so I got him a flashlight that is also waterproof, in case he drops it in the river.

I have a young cousin who is a bit of a hellion, him I got a Flying Screaming Monkey Slingshot. I hope it performs as advertised. (You pull back and let loose and it flies through the air and screams as it goes, said the description.)

Those are the best ones.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
A set-top box that is PVR ready, 4 books, a bottle of red wine, a Christmas wine glass (pretty sure it's crystal), and a gift certificate to the game store, with one still pending: a gift basket of chocolate-covered nuts.

That covers everyone in the family, except for dad and stepmum who have repeatedly said they don't want anything for Christmas or birthdays and for us kids to just save our money.

:)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Your family's getting some awesome swag, Flibble, especially those Spy Academy days.

Mr. Maxwell's getting the complete series of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Blu-Ray Godzilla vs Biollante, and a Xenomorph Christmas tree ornament.

Bro-in-law getting a personalized autographed book about zombies, a zombie t-shirt, and a zombie bumper sticker (dude likes zombies, what can I say?)

Sis-in-law's getting two of the wire-wrapped necklaces from here, including one featuring her favorite flower.

Mom-in-law's getting a handmade camera pendant with a 8gig flash drive hidden inside.

Niece is getting two adorable picture books, both personalized and autographed with drawings by the artist.

My mom's asked for gift cards, and it's her 60th birthday, so I'm gonna go all out and get her some good ones: favorite restaurants, stores, and a gift subscription to Ancestry.com.

Mr. Maxwell's handled his father, and I never know what to get mine. Probably just an Amazon gift card. He's not a big fan of "stuff." I also have no idea what to get sis-in-law's mom, who's come in from Hungary for the holiday season.

I also make candy for everyone from neighbors to coworkers. This year's menu is oreo truffles (, peppermint bark, Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels, S'mores fudge, and homemade dog biscuits for the pups.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Most of the family gets bags of cashews every year. Those that can't handle nuts get books, CDs or cash.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:D Oh, well, I have a nephew who is in his first year of college, so I got him a Bullshit button. It's a red button, about the size of a lemon, and when you push it it lights up and buzzes and a voice says "Bullshit! I call bullshit!"

Was there one that plays crickets chirping? I'd wear that button out from all the stupid questions I hear.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The bullshit button sounds cool. I could have used that with some of my clients.

Hubby is getting some special olive oil (if I can get down to the store to get it). Our youngest nephew is in college, he'll probably get BN gift card. *Something* for MIL. She is housebound and spends most of her time in a recliner, wearing housecoats.

We don't really buy for anyone else. We agreed with most friends/family years ago that rather than buying some *thing* we didn't need, just be nice to each other.

MM

Rienne81

Registered
Reaction score
Most everyone gets a gift certificate to somewhere, either restaurant or a store. My grandmother, she never wants anything. However, I wrote a short story modern fairytale that I am going to give her. My nephew thinks Ninjas are the best thing ever, he is getting a book about Ninjas and a Ninja-bread cookie baking kit that he can work on with his parents.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A book of poetry for a certain lady who seems to like the sound of my voice when I read. The kicker is I don't really get poetry most of the time!

My parents will have been married for 50 years on December 26, so that's kind of overshadowing Christmas this year. And no, I have NO IDEA what to get them!

WaywardSquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Not a lot of actual shopping here this year. I'm embroidering some shirts and making some chainmail ornaments, that's the bulk of my gift-giving. But I'm also getting my parents WorldCon memberships so they can vote on the Hugos next year.