Strange Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I had a strange dream last night. I'm pretty good at knowing the meaning of dreams and I have some thougts of the meaning of this one, but it is hard to be object with my own dreams sometimes, but I thought I would share it for fun.

I dreamed that I recieved a reply from a publisher. I do not remember what publisher it was, but I assume it was one that I had submitted to in the real world. It was for my next Galactic Seven novel The Pirates of Mizar. The publisher listed many problems with the nove, but he also listed many good things and requested to see the rest of it. The problem was that all his comments were full or errors. The guy could not complete a sentence. He left out words in nearly every sentence. Of course I had my doubts right away of this publisher. I woke up at this time.

I wish I could remember what publisher it was, it may be a warning.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical anxiety dream to me: you finally get interest in your novel, but it's from a substandard press. Shake it off, have a cookie, and get back to work.

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical anxiety dream to me: you finally get interest in your novel, but it's from a substandard press. Shake it off, have a cookie, and get back to work.

Yeah, I guess that's a lot of author's fears.

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to remember some of the comments that I need to improve on. Even though it was a bad publisher in the dream, maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me what I need to improve on. You'd think I'd remember that. But I guess I blocked that out as soon as I saw the errors the publisher was making.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not at all sure I believe that dreams have any meaning, outside the obvious. I think most "dream means this or that" is nonsense. Most often, a dream just means you're asleep, and your brain is using dreams to get the toxins out. Real toxins, not psychological ones.

When dreams do have real meaning, I think it's always obvious. I suspect this dream just means you think a lot about things you've submitted.

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I believe all dreams have meanings. I think it is the way the brain processes information. In nature, everything has a purpose and I feel that dreams have a reason. It is your subconscious working things out. I've taken a couple dream courses where you have a person guiding another person through their dream. Through relaxation techniques, you can reenter the dream and try different scenarios and you'd be surprised at what is revealed about yourself. You don't actually go back to the dream state, but you relive the dream as you tell it to the guide. The guide asks questions about the dream and the other person answers. I dream of trains a lot and have always wonder why I did. I told the teacher of the dream class, a professor actually, about this. He asked me what was the earliest memory that I had in life and I said it was when I was on a train. I was only 2 years old at the time, but I had a vivid memory of it. It was one of my happiest memories being with my mom. I had forgotten about it until I took the dream class. So that explains my fondness for trains. But, yes I feel that every dream has a meaning. Even the crazy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.