Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal

So I joined a few months ago, posted a lame story that kinda sucked, and now I want to share more and partake in some of the fun writing ya'll do. But this place just feels overwhelmingly huge to me. Are there any guidlines I need to follow or can I just jump on anyones thread and start joining in?

Thanks

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, I am fairly new myself. I know this place is HUGE but you should feel free to hop in on most threads. Follow general rules that apply to most forums, no spamming, personal attacks, etc, and you should be ok.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, V.

For this week, you have to wear chaps, by command of his royal heinie, King TrumanCoyote (royalty for a week thread). Other than that, you need only show reasonable respect for your fellow writers and do just as you mentioned. Have fun. The people here are absolutely wonderful, and helpful in ways you can only imagine. Welcome. If it makes you feel more comfortable in jumping in, don some waders once the chaps season is over.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I've always been like this -- since day one. If the thread has numerous replies. I shy away from them. If it looks like a "clique" has formed, I don't reply to those either. I feel like I'm intruding in some way . . . or breaking the rules . . . it's an interesting thing. You'd think I would've gotten over it by now! LOL

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
jennhollowell said:
I've always been like this -- since day one. If the thread has numerous replies. I shy away from them. If it looks like a "clique" has formed, I don't reply to those either. I feel like I'm intruding in some way . . . or breaking the rules . . . it's an interesting thing. You'd think I would've gotten over it by now! LOL

Could I please see your invitation to this thread, ma'am? If not, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Please don't make a scene.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
NeuroFizz said:
Hey, V.

For this week, you have to wear chaps, by command of his royal heinie, King TrumanCoyote (royalty for a week thread). Other than that, you need only show reasonable respect for your fellow writers and do just as you mentioned. Have fun. The people here are absolutely wonderful, and helpful in ways you can only imagine. Welcome. If it makes you feel more comfortable in jumping in, don some waders once the chaps season is over.

OMG! TRUMAN IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Hey I'm off to create anarchy!!!!!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I was a little apprehensive about jumping in when I first started posting here on AW. Obviously that didn't last long ;)

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Hi, Verbal--

Yes, it does look big and scary around here. However, you're welcome to jump in at any time. As has already been mentioned, the only rule around here is to respect your fellow writers. We're a pretty easygoing, fun-loving and welcoming bunch of characters.

I'd like to invite you to the Goals and Accomplishments forum. It's a great tool for keeping yourself on track as far as your writing goals are concerned, and it's a very supportive environment.

There is so much valuable information to glean from the members here--soak up all you can! Even veterans to the writing game can learn a thing or two!

Welcome, and let us know if we can be of any help--

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the kind folks here have got you covered, Verbal -- the sooner you jump in, the more at home you'll be. Hardly any of us bite, and you're guaranteed a cavalcade of pats on the back -- and good, honest feedback.

jennhollowell said:

Really, Jenn? We all thought you were just being snobbish! What a relief! Hey -- will you sit with us at lunch today?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Writing! That's what this forum is all about. *eek*

I firmly believe that I had my first article pubished because of the advice and crittering I received here.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Really, Jenn? We all thought you were just being snobbish! What a relief! Hey -- will you sit with us at lunch today?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, the majority rules . . . right?
Eeek! Didn't know I'd ever be classified as a snob!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Seriously, though, I spent a long time just surfing around and just reading when I first joined the boards in 1999. There were times when I posted about some things that were happening in my personal life in the Office Party section and, after that, I "broke out of my shell" because the support I received was amazing.​

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SC Harrison said:
Could I please see your invitation to this thread, ma'am? If not, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Please don't make a scene.
Back off--these new people are with me, and I'm tight with The Royal Personage Whose Name We Dare Not Speak.

Maryn, fibbing, or perhaps delusional

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you post anything else stupid you owe me a pizza, K?

Oh, and beware of a wicked old man named William Haskins.

PS. poetinahat is my bunny this easter, so... (pertaining to the bunny names thread)

Other than that welcome! I'm Terri.

Last edited:

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Most people aren't too mean. So don't be too scared :p

Hazing is illegal in some states!

I'm Nancy. Have fun.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Aw, Verbal! I jumped right in when I first got here and managed not to ruffle anybody's feathers here. Well, at least none that I know of. :D

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
louisgodwin said:
Welcome to Aw, Verbal! I jumped right in when I first got here and managed not to ruffle anybody's fathers here. Well, at least none that I know of. :D
Nope... Dad's hair is still in place.

PS. poetinahat is my bunny this easter, so...
Loving the compliment, of course. But, this being the internet and all... I only play in my own hutch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.