• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In Need of a Mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruko_Ito

Registered
Reaction score
As I've said somewhere in these forums, I'm new to the writing world. There are many things I don't understand or haven't even learned. Basically, I'm in need of a bigger sister/brother that will help me take my first baby steps into becoming an authoress.

When considering this, I'm going to assume by the majority's thought patterns, annoying job, you can rest assured that if you were to tutor me, I would be the most devoted student you can find.

If there are any questions as to WHY I want to write so badly, know that I'm in it for the good of others. I wish for someone to read my novel(s) and walk away with something valuable. If my reader(s) even give a second glance at something that is related to my novels or get the underlying message within, I will be more stisfied with that than any amount of money given to me.

Oh... And if you haven't noticed from my little rant above, I'm passionate when it comes to things I think would improve the world we live in, no matter how miniscule.

Haruko_Ito

Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that hinders my writing is my lack of knowledge (I can't possibly know everything there is to know about writing at the age of 14) and experience (creating my first, and hoefully not last, novel). Hence the reason I'm asking for a mentor...

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Haruko, it might be helpful to list the genre you work in since some of us at least (namely me :p) are restricted by the genres we work in. For instance, if it is science fiction (and specific types of science fiction at that) I might be able to provide some assistance. But if it is a different genre, then I'm afraid I'm out :)

Haruko_Ito

Registered
Reaction score
How silly of me. That completely skipped my mind. Unfortuantely, I'm not that great at science fictions... The genre is Fantasy... I might consider adding elements to make it a Christian fantasy. I'm not even sure if that's the correct genre... One of my older friends said it could fall under a few different ones.

The main points of the story are an angel, a demon, the Devil, and God. The story is the conflicts (not sure if that's the best word to describe it...) surrounding the conflicts of the unimaginable lovers (the angel and the demon)... I'm HORRIBLE at summaries... If you're the least bit interested, PM me and I'll send you the mini story that's the back bone of the entire novel...

Thank you. ^___^

Haruko_Ito

Registered
Reaction score
Should I post up chapter one's first paragraph as well so that you can judge if I'm qualified to become an apprentice of sorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.