• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas Needed for MG Comedy 'MINDBENDER'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Done for now.

I'm looking for betas for my MG comedy, MINDBENDER.

MS Name: MINDBENDER (just in case that wasn't established yet...)
Length: 32,000
Genre: MG Comedy (ditto)

To give you an idea of the story, here's the current version of the query letter:

Twelve-year-old Bentley Holden wants his parents to obsess less about work and more about him, so he steals a mind control machine. You know, normal kid behavior. Too bad the machine is even more complicated than his math homework; the stupid device sends only one word at a time, and the word appears in the minds of everyone in the world. So he could send the word “Bentley”, but a bunch of people would be rushing to buy new cars. Not quite what he wants.

See, if Bentley does anything too obvious, Moncast — the company paying his dad to develop the machine — will track him. He was a bit sloppy with his theft, leaving signs the stolen machine was an insider job. Whoops. Now Moncast is starting to bother everyone in his family about their glorified label marker. They don’t have any evidence Bentley is the thief, though, and he doesn’t plan to give them any.

After being interrogated by some Moncast cronies, Bentley runs into his family’s housekeeper. She reveals she used to work for Moncast and knows the machine’s true purpose: to start a war Moncast can profit from. War sucks, so Bentley is even more determined to keep the machine hidden. As Moncast’s tactics shift from break-ins to kidnappings, Bentley realizes he needs to figure out how to use the machine to stop Moncast from starting WWIII. Maybe when he’s a hero, his parents will finally pay attention to him.

I'm available for swaps with other MG books and YA books.

Last edited:

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Cool concept! I'm interested.

I have PM'd you my e-mail address if you want to do a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.