I keep typing "my" instead of "me"...

tom1172821

Registered
Reaction score
... and occasionally "I" instead of "he". I've been doing it ever since i started writing seriously a year or so ago. Anyone else do stuff like this or am i special?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
as for my, i do it occasionally. as for my brother, i does it more frequently.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
'With the' comes out as 'withe.' I think that's the next step in the evolution of spelling.

To overcome common mistakes, I sometimes use an old trick we did back in high school typing class. We did an exercise where we typed "a and b and c and d and . . ." As a result, I almost never misspell "and." Why not practice with "the a the b the c the d the . . ." or even "a with the b with the c with the d . . ."? Forms a good reflex.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I'm writing the first draft of the Sad Girl Sequel in longhand, and for some reason, I'm skipping over the "n" in any "ing" word.

When I'm typing, I do a lot of "teh," among other words. but I've got Word Auto-correct set to fix it.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm tired, I add 'e' to the ends of words. So I knowe when it starts happeninge, it's probably time to stope.

Don't get me started on longhand. I'm dyslexic enough that the tailed letters (b, d, q, p) are virtually interchangeable. A keyboard is much easier for me.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
A common one for me is to type and i instead of a u.

The words shut and duck become rather more interesting as a consequence. Makes for some snorted coffee during proofing.