• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

BetaReader Bulletin Board and BetaReader Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatyamasi

Bouncing between music and writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreymarcusoshins.com
(Posted this in the Beta Project Subforum. I'm a newbe so hope I'm not repeating post.)

Hello Betas!

I'm a writer and musician who has gotten a lot out of using beta readers (haven't tried beta listeners yet, but that's not a bad idea). Awhile back I put together a website with a bulletin board and newsletter for beta readers called BetaReaders.us.

It's been going along pretty well with about 500 subscribers to the newsletter and the bulletin board is fairly active. There hasn't been too many issues of the newsletter because I don't want it to be my blog. What I'm hoping for is that authors will submit excerpts of their work so that beta readers can see if it's something they want to work on. I'd also like to publish articles of interest to beta readers, authors, and publishing support providers.

I'm active in Linkedin groups where there are a lot of discussions about editing v. beta reading and other topics that would be great for the newsletter, but I haven't been able to recruit anyone to write an article about it for the BetaReader newsletter. If need be I'll do it myself but as I wrote, I'm trying to avoid being author and editor.

Please take a look at the website and l let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.