mexican peso

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
I assume Mexican banks, like US banks, bundle large amounts of cash. In the US, we use bundles of one hundred, regardless of the denomination of the note.

If Mexican banks uses bundles, how many notes per bundle?

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We do, too, but then there are also bundles of bundles. When I was involved in cash a bundle of 500 £1 notes was common here. The bundles of 500 were then further bundled into bundles for ease of transportation but I can't remember how many were in that secondary bundle - maybe two, then perhaps five of those two were re-bundled.

Higher denominations could have smaller initial bundles but then they too were further bundled for ease of handling in bulk. I've seen canvas bags of bundled bundles of notes.

Are you talking of transportation to the Banks from a mint, or inter bank branches or what?

If the exact detail is important - which, knowing you, I guess it will be - have you considered popping this question in the international section/forum? Or check with the local Institute of Bankers.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
If you're bribing someone, it's nice to slide bundles of money across the table. People react more positively in the US to a bundle of one dollar bills ($100 per bundle) than a $100 bill. No logic to it, but there it is. In the US, you pick up cash in 100 bill bundles from the bank.

I hadn't thought of the international forum.

Jim