Halloween costumes

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but if you're going to a party this year, what are you going as? I think the outfits this year will be the usual superhero lineup, hobbits and ghosts and devils, but what else is imaginative?

Me, I'm going as a broke writer. All I need to wear is what I usually do, but not shave. That's about it. No makeup--I already have bags under my eyes from my late night battles with the manuscript--no bright clothes (I like black and gray most of the time) and no candy...I already have too much sugar in my coffee as it is.

How about everyone else?

Favorite candy? Favorite food or drink? I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for a long time, maybe three years and before that...don't remember.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

As a turban wearing Sikh, I don't have to dress up. I get kids saying "What are you supposed to be?"

You didn't ask, but my favorite costume was a kangaroo outfit my Mom whipped up for a school skit. It was such a cool costume even my brothers wore it for Halloween after I outgrew it.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...but what else is imaginative?

Glue a bunch of Smarties candies to your pants—Smarty Pants.

Favorite candy? Favorite food or drink?

Not into candy. Booze? Beer and Wine.

I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for a long time, maybe three years and before that...don't remember.

Don't worry, I'll have a beer for you. Cheers!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN J.S.F, AND EVERYONE.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't worn a costume to a Halloween party for years. The last time I did, I was into Scuba diving, so I wore my wetsuit with a sign on my chest reading "Ποσειδων" (Poseidon in Greek). My "costume" was voted the best at the party. :D

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The last time I went trick-or-treating, I went as a Tacky Tourist. A few years before, I went as a Gypsy Moth (gypsy with moth wings.)

The past few years, the closest I've come to a party is wearing a Halloween shirt at work. One year, I found, pressed, and scanned in fall leaves, then printed them on iron-on transfer paper and added them to a denim work shirt. Then I used holographic iron-on stuff from the craft store to make a simple raven-and-stars shirt. This year, I'm doing cats and leaves with silver, gold, and red glitter transfer stuff. (I need to get a picture of that...) Mostly, I do it to make myself do something; I think all of three people may have noticed over the years.

As for candy: I like Almond Joy, Snickers, Milky Way, Skittles, Reese's, and Kit-Kat. Also like those white chocolate M&Ms and Kit-Kats you sometimes find around this time of year.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but if you're going to a party this year, what are you going as? I think the outfits this year will be the usual superhero lineup, hobbits and ghosts and devils, but what else is imaginative?

How about an elf with a cold? That's what I'm going to end up being this year, and the cold will be real. *sneeze**sniff* :(

I wasn't going to any parties anyway, so no real loss there.

Favorite candy? Favorite food or drink? I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for a long time, maybe three years and before that...don't remember.

Chocolate good. Chocolate with peanut butter better.

Favorite food and drink depends on the day and season.

I've never had an alcoholic beverage. Given the history of alcoholism in my family, I don't want to.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a name tag and going as "Paul Hogan". Just "Paul Hogan".

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going as a zombie hunter, and hubby is a zombie that I lead around on a chain. :D

I made myself a nice leather waist cincher, complete with spider and spikes. Also made a new studded leather collar with spider charm, earring/earcuff with chain and spider charm, and two spider boot dangles.

One can never have enough spiders.

(My youngest son loaned me his spiked leather wrist cuffs. I'll be a dangerous person to hug. :tongue )

Favorite candy: Caramel apple suckers
Favorite food: Caramel apples, and homemade rice crispie treats with extra goo.

Favorite drink: Sometimes we make spiced apple cider.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Mr. Maxwell and I are doing cheap-o costumes. We're getting a package of "Hello, My Name Is" stickers and writing a bunch of different names on them. We're identity thieves. I'm going to use names of the people at the party we're going to, he's going to use celebrities and pet names.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I usually go simple. Black skeleton t-shirt. I used to make quite elaborate fantasy-themed costumes, but I want something I can wear a cloak with so I don't get cold. I suppose I could tell people I'm Death warmed over.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Cathleen, I already look like Death warmed over, so it's not that much of a stretch for me!

:D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Am sure all your costumes are very nice. Be sure not to mask your faces though. That'd be a shame with such an attractive lot. Sure your company will be well pleased. "Behold JSF, Cathleen, TA, Wicked, Rotes, Lego, Ben, EFB, Bright, Nymtoc, MS, Siri. Aren't they ever so fine in their costumes!"

Enjoy. ENJOY !!!