• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA/New Adult/Adult Romantic Suspense Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter G

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a beta reader, for my story, "The Darkest Lie". The protagonist is 19 year old Annie Taylor writing in the first person. It's a WhoDunIt with psychological twists and courtroom suspense.

The Voice:

"I am nineteen now and no longer a girl. I'm a woman in very way that counts. It's not just because of my age, but because of my experiences
too. I don't mean sexual experiences. It's just that I know things I didn't know before. I know about violence and betrayal. And I know the darkest lie of all."

About 60K words. Please let me know. Thank you, Peter

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
You need to decide if you want it critiqued as a YA, New Adult, OR Adult.

Your reader needs to know which category you think it most fits to be able to offer useful comments on voice, characterization, and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.