PDA

View Full Version : I love you

Mr Flibble
10-26-2014, 04:35 AM
A thread to tell people (not necessarily people here!) how you feel about them

Only by not using the emotional words - lobe, hate, etc etc. (I'm not in love, so don't forget it...it didn't mean that much to me...)

Show, don't tell in other words. (Acually telling is fine -- as it is -- as long as no emtion words)

Bettielee, she's sparkly and such, but when she crits me there's blood on the page. Bloody fairies. I would force feed her sugar cookies if we lived less than several thousand miles apart

alleycat
10-26-2014, 04:43 AM
Since the room moderators aren't around at the moment, I'll suggest going easy on this one, folks.

I suspect if people actually start posting "I hate you" things on here the thread will be shut down immediately.

Other than that, have fun.

benbradley
10-26-2014, 05:00 AM
I lobe my college professor who taught us about antenna radiation patterns.

Haggis
10-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Since the room moderators aren't around at the moment, I'll suggest going easy on this one, folks.

I suspect if people actually start posting "I hate you" things on here the thread will be shut down immediately.

Other than that, have fun.
What AC said.

Otherwise, have fun.

:e2teeth:

blacbird
10-26-2014, 05:51 AM
I love William Haskins, and he'll hate me for saying that, but he'll mean well, anyway. We disagree on a variety of things, but we've also had all manner of interesting exchanges, both publicly and privately, he's a very smart guy (who will hate me for saying that), and I've both bought a volume of his (very fine) poetry, and given him a hard-to-find novel from an obscure European writer, which I thought he'd enjoy, and which he did.

Ball is in your court, William.

caw

Rotes
10-26-2014, 06:06 AM
To the desk of Mr. Zach Woods,
Please accept this dead woodland creature as a symbol of my affection. I've gone to great lengths to find such a beastie, and I trust that it is well received. What is was in life I could not tell you, as I found it post-mortem.

I thought of you yesterday as I scraped the cremated remains of macaroni bake from the corroded metal slats of the oven. I thought of you again as I wandered the near by woods at night, carrying a small vile of my own blood in case I should encounter you.

Plz rply, or I will attempt to woo you another time.

BenPanced
10-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Only by not using the emotional words - lobe, hate, etc etc. (I'm not in love, so don't forget it...it didn't mean that much to me...)

I lobe my college professor who taught us about antenna radiation patterns.
You're a meanie, nasty Lobe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcNyrHEnao)

bettielee
10-26-2014, 01:23 PM
A thread to tell people (not necessarily people here!) how you feel about them

Show, don't tell in other words. (Acually telling is fine -- as it is -- as long as no emtion words)

Bettielee, she's sparkly and such, but when she crits me there's blood on the page. Bloody fairies. I would force feed her sugar cookies if we lived less than several thousand miles apart

:) You have sort of done that - you send me books via post.

:)

There is a person at work who makes me feel emotions. They aren't good emotions and they make me struggle with myself. I don't want to hold on to things that make me gnash my teeth and make my hands sweat from not saying things I want to say and vitriol. I find myself having to walk away and grrrrrrrrr until my teeth vibrate so that I don't say the things that want to go past them. I don't understand how this other person can say the things she says and not hear them for what they are. And thus, the walking out and going grrrrrrrr until my ears go from red to regular. I wish I could just walk away and leave the emotions at the base of her desk and not care. But I can't.

Mr Flibble
10-26-2014, 02:06 PM
What AC said.

Otherwise, have fun.

:e2teeth:

EEK! I didn't mean for people to actually say I hate you!

I should have worded that better, right? Right. Thread title changed.
And I lobe you anyway :D

PS Haggis is such a little cutie, I want to hug him and lobe (;)) him and call him George, and then give him to my cats to play with. Because they always need little furry things to play with!

Haggis
10-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't lobe cats. :)

mirandashell
10-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I lobe pizza. And mccardey.

She makes me laugh a lot. And she lets me wibble and rant. And she owns choocks. Which is very cool.

Haggis
10-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Well, there was that Russian Blue back in '59, but that was a one time fling.

jjdebenedictis
10-26-2014, 07:49 PM
I lobe this thread with every lobe of my brain. And ears. Because you can never have too much lobe!

Haggis
10-26-2014, 08:59 PM
What the world needs now is lobe, sweet lobe.

regdog
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
:

There is a person at work who makes me feel emotions. They aren't good emotions and they make me struggle with myself. I don't want to hold on to things that make me gnash my teeth and make my hands sweat from not saying things I want to say and vitriol. I find myself having to walk away and grrrrrrrrr until my teeth vibrate so that I don't say the things that want to go past them. I don't understand how this other person can say the things she says and not hear them for what they are. And thus, the walking out and going grrrrrrrr until my ears go from red to regular. I wish I could just walk away and leave the emotions at the base of her desk and not care. But I can't.

I've got your back, favorite fairy.

Puts that coworker on the list :e2teeth:

Maggie Maxwell
10-26-2014, 09:11 PM

All you need is lobe, lobe. Lobe is all you need.

Mr Flibble
10-26-2014, 10:26 PM

But they lobe* you, lots. Long time.

If you don't succumb in the meantime obviously

*one little typo and they never let you forget. *forges sekrit Haggis Lobe Plan. Operation Convexity!**

**This shows the perils of the thesaurus

William Haskins
10-26-2014, 10:33 PM
I love William Haskins, and he'll hate me for saying that, but he'll mean well, anyway. We disagree on a variety of things, but we've also had all manner of interesting exchanges, both publicly and privately, he's a very smart guy (who will hate me for saying that), and I've both bought a volume of his (very fine) poetry, and given him a hard-to-find novel from an obscure European writer, which I thought he'd enjoy, and which he did.

caw

hell yes i will reciprocate this.

blacbird, you've been around the block in ways that most people can't begin to grasp, and you have kept your sense of humor, your humility and your kindness - all while remaining strong and self-determined and intellectually hungry in a varied and consistent manner.

you stand behind what you believe and, more importantly, you believe what you believe.

you're a tough sonofabitch, something that grows increasingly rare every day. cheers to you, sir.

caw.

Mr Flibble
10-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Now that was nice, Haskins. Are you well? :D

Now...

Haskins is interesting.

:D

benbradley
10-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Lobe means never having to say "Sorry, you won't be able to see the Super Bowl."

Haggis
10-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Being a Detroit Lions fan means always having to hear "Sorry, you won't be able to see the Super Bowl."
FIFY.

CassandraW
10-27-2014, 12:35 AM
And lobe, twue lobe, will fowow you foweva...

I want to scritch Haggis's ears and keep him in a basket next to my desk always, feeding him bacon.

Reg, if I could, I'd buy you every Transformer on the shelf.

William, if they ever get around to banning you, I shall ban myself in protest.

Ken
10-27-2014, 04:16 AM
Mr Flibble is a good cookie.
Good insightful posts.

Shout outs to some others here. You know who you are. No need to mention you by name. :Hug2:

BenPanced
10-27-2014, 04:21 AM
I can't lobe anybody. The last time I tried, somebody wrote to Dear Abby.

CassandraW
10-27-2014, 04:28 AM
Well, I lobe your avatar. I want to feed it carrots and put it in the basket where I plan to keep Haggis.

kuwisdelu
10-27-2014, 04:32 AM

caw

And I hate Willam Haskins because every time I want to write him off for something he posted in another forum (usually P&CE), he'll end up posting something in the Roundtable or Poetry forum whether it be a poem of his own or comments on another's (or even mine) or literature in general that makes me want to reconsider him.

I wish he would just officially make himself a villain for me so I could just ignore him and feel better about hating him instead of keeping coming back to some of his posts every once in a while for some small bit of wisdom or inspiration.

And if anyone dares to tell him how I've checked Thorn Forest without commenting several times when I've needed to recoup my ear for meter, I'll kill that person, because poetry is serious business.

So there.

CassandraW
10-27-2014, 04:36 AM
We may need a special thread just to air out everyone's feelings about William.

Although there's probably a thread for that already.

kuwisdelu
10-27-2014, 04:40 AM
We may need a special thread just to air out everyone's feelings about William.

Although there's probably a thread for that already.

That would be just one more reason for me to hate him.

CassandraW
10-27-2014, 04:49 AM
That would be just one more reason for me to hate him.

Peddle that scathing cynicism and irony elsewhere, Haskins.

C.bronco
10-27-2014, 05:31 AM
hell yes i will reciprocate this.

blacbird, you've been around the block in ways that most people can't begin to grasp, and you have kept your sense of humor, your humility and your kindness - all while remaining strong and self-determined and intellectually hungry in a varied and consistent manner.

you stand behind what you believe and, more importantly, you believe what you believe.

you're a tough sonofabitch, something that grows increasingly rare every day. cheers to you, sir.

caw.Hazkinz, this is where you should say, "I love you Blackbird!

I loves you all, btw. I love my AW peeps. You have been there and made me smile when everything else was crazy and awful. You have made me laugh at ridiculous stuff and given me the intellectual input I didn't get anywhere else. Thank you for this cool thread!

Chris P
10-27-2014, 06:02 AM
I loves you all, btw. I love my AW peeps. You have been there and made me smile when everything else was crazy and awful. You have made me laugh at ridiculous stuff and given me the intellectual input I didn't get anywhere else. Thank you for this cool thread!

This. In spades. And clubs, diamonds, hearts, cups, swords, and er, whatever other suits there are. My life bears no resemblance to my life in November 2009 when I joined, and NONE of it was expected. Oh yeah, and I've learned how to be a better writer in the meantime. You've all been there through it all.

Even you, Haskins.

Thanks.

J.S.F.
10-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Love is a very strong word to use and so is hate, so as with all things, I will say that for many on this forum I have the utmost respect for how they have helped me with my writing style or trying to understand my POV on various matters.

There are others, though, who do not deserve the time of day.

I will add, though, that even though there are those who do not deserve to be given the time of day, they still have something to offer.

benbradley
10-28-2014, 12:47 AM
JSF brings up (indirectly) a point. Indifference can bring pain and rage to both lover and haters.

jjdebenedictis
10-28-2014, 02:00 AM
I lobve Bearilou, my brain twin, who makes me laugh and says such smart, incisive things in such a nice way.

I am forever fond of Amadan, who is also super-smart but as tart as a good zingy apple when he wants to be.

I adore the mods of AW, because this place is a well-run ship and their deft steering keeps us off the rocks -- which can't be an easy task when your boat is as full of loose cannons as this one is. :D

Haggis
10-28-2014, 02:53 AM
*slips jjdebenedictis a five dollar bill*

T Robinson
10-28-2014, 04:39 AM
*slips jjdebenedictis a five dollar bill*

When did rates go down?

PS, why is CassandraW a piece of toast?

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 04:48 AM
What, you don't lobe toast?

FYI, regdog doesn't like it when you insert slices of bread in her skull. But who knew she wasn't a toaster?

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 05:34 AM
And I hate Willam Haskins because every time I want to write him off for something he posted in another forum (usually P&CE), he'll end up posting something in the Roundtable or Poetry forum — whether it be a poem of his own or comments on another's (or even mine) or literature in general — that makes me want to reconsider him.

I wish he would just officially make himself a villain for me so I could just ignore him and feel better about hating him instead of keeping coming back to some of his posts every once in a while for some small bit of wisdom or inspiration.

And if anyone dares to tell him how I've checked Thorn Forest without commenting several times when I've needed to recoup my ear for meter, I'll kill that person, because poetry is serious business.

So there.

a generous assessment, kuwi. and i appreciate it.

i have long admired your (ever increasing) flashes of brilliance, and even so have been frustrated with you at times and expressed as much to you, both publicly and privately. you have been equally critical of me when it was warranted, but moreover you have always been a good sport and a splendid work-in-progress.

i like that you will stalk the earth long after i am gone.

i sincerely appreciate your kind words about my poetry, but i am also humbled by them because i have found new ideas and approaches and bold experiments in your work as well.

and i am working towards wholesale villainy, and will get there. i will make you proud and give you reasons to hate me that you've never contemplated.

it will be glorious. but for tonight, thank you.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 05:36 AM
lemme get this straight...this is a place where you say 'I lobe such-and-so' or 'I hate such-and-so'?

cray
10-28-2014, 05:37 AM
don't hate.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 05:37 AM
yeah, I know, I just wanted to get the general idea edit: I lobe all you guys, honestly. you're helping me get over an almost crippling anxiety about new sites, people and such. every day I talk with you all, I get a little stronger.

kuwisdelu
10-28-2014, 06:18 AM
and i am working towards wholesale villainy, and will get there. i will make you proud and give you reasons to hate me that you've never contemplated.

I expect mustache twirling.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 06:20 AM
oh there will be copious mustache twirling and many sentences ended with a quite-nasaly "myaaah."

count on it.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 06:25 AM
oh there will be copious mustache twirling and many sentences ended with a quite-nasaly "myaaah."

count on it.

glorious. I look forward to this.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 06:30 AM

count on it.

Peddle your cartoonishly sinister mustache-twirling elsewhere, Snidely Whiplash. You don't frighten me.

poetinahat
10-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Take the L out of Lober, and it's Ober.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Peddle your cartoonishly sinister mustache-twirling elsewhere, Snidely Whiplash. You don't frighten me.

do too.

T Robinson
10-28-2014, 06:40 AM
Somewhere here is a moose and squirrel, maybe even Boris and Natasha. I lobe them all.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 06:41 AM
do too.

Pffft. Tie me to a railroad track, and we'll talk.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 06:41 AM
it's slightly ironic that "lobe" can indicate a region of the brain and still sound so abjectly stupid as a cutesy term for "love."

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Pffft. Tie me to a railroad track, and we'll talk.

once you are tied to the track, the time for talk has passed.

T Robinson
10-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Not touching that one in a public forum............

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 06:56 AM
once you are tied to the track, the time for talk has passed.

Typical. You men are all alike. You tie a girl to the tracks and then you just leave her there.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 06:57 AM
only because i have a train to catch.

benbradley
10-28-2014, 07:02 AM
The Beetles know Lobe.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 07:02 AM
only because i have a train to catch.

I shall shriek a lobing farewell just before the wheels crush my thorax.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 07:04 AM
and i shall return for the candy that bursts forth from it.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 07:06 AM
and i shall return for the candy that bursts forth from it.

Thank you. That would mean a lot to me.

William Haskins
10-28-2014, 07:08 AM
sweets for the sweet.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Thou shalt strew my grave with the wrappers.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 07:24 AM
oh my god, I'm loving this xD

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 08:11 AM
lobe is a beautiful thing, Ladyxkaa.

J.S.F.
10-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Lobe is the opposite of habe and cousin to habeus corpus delecto infinito.

What in the holy hell did I just write?

Ah needs me some more coffee to wake myself up from this nightmare...and I LUVVVVVVVVVV coffee.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 09:31 AM
lobe rocks. so does coffee. sadly my house has none and i'm getting irritated over it. I can only drink so much tea before I go nuts and start talking in a british accent and muttering about bloody colonials. P.S. some of my family comes from england, so it's cool. I had a grama who taught piano in england. I think one of my granduncles or something was a professor at a college, too. P.P.S. I talked to mom. I was full of crap. looks like i got my info wrong xD I just SWEAR I remembered that. oh well, I DO have ancestors in england, but not for a long time.

kuwisdelu
10-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Fuck you all, fuck you
Fuck you all, fuck you
I don't care, I don't care

Fuck you all, fuck you
Fuck you all, fuck you
Anymore
Anymore

Go to hell, go to hell

Fuck you all, fuck you
Fuck you all, fuck you

Fuck you all, fuck you
Fuck you all, fuck you
Anymore
Anymore

Go to hell, go to hell

-- Blackfield, "Go to Hell"

kuwisdelu
10-28-2014, 09:35 AM
I love you. Good night.

mccardey
10-28-2014, 09:37 AM
I love you. Good night.

Love you, too. We all do. Despite the Blackfield, which we know you don't really mean...

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 09:39 AM
mccardey. I can't get over how CUTE that dog is. I just can't.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm confused. But I feel loved.

kuwisdelu
10-28-2014, 09:41 AM

Shinji: I feel that there were only hateful things there. So I'm sure it was okay to run away. But there was nothing good in the place I ran to, either. After all, I didn't exist there... which is the same as no one existing.

Kaworu: Is it okay for AT Fields to hurt you and others once more?

Shinji: I don't mind. But, what are you two within my heart?

Rei: Hope. The hope that people might be able to understand one another.

Kaworu: And the words 'I love you'.

Shinji: But that's just pretending - a self-intoxicating belief... like a prayer. It can't possibly last forever. Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real.

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 09:50 AM
So confused. Yet so loved.

Ladyxkaa
10-28-2014, 09:54 AM
yeah, I have no clue either xD granted, I've been awake since 8 am yesterday morning, which is longer than I like to be so I'm pretty out of it xD

CassandraW
10-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Love entangled with confusion,
proliferating in this thread.
Sentiments in such profusion,
love entangled with confusion,
could they be but mere illusions --
words forgotten as they’re said?
Love entangled with confusion,
proliferating in this thread.

00Pepper
10-29-2014, 01:15 AM
I lobe everyone.

Especially ALL the people in the Obnoxious Novelist How-to thread. :D

Primus
10-29-2014, 06:55 AM
How bout instead of lobing, we appreciate? Like berries and Paris, Arkansas and Greg. Yes, Greg too.