Blogger thinks I'm a spammer.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
oh oh. I hope you can figure out how to get un-locked! I seem to recall someone talking about a similar situation in another thread - I'll see if I can find it.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MadScientistMatt said:
I went to post a message in Blogger, and found my blog was locked. Seems that Blogger's automated software concluded I was writing a spam blog. Must have been the handmade index posts that pushed it over the edge...
I had the EXACT same thing happen. I emailed their tech team (can't remember the link, but I just went from the main site) and explained the situation.

It took two requests and two weeks, but they did unblock me, and with apologies.

IndigoBlack

This happened to me as well as quite a few people I spoke. Actually some of those people have had their blogs completely deleted without explanation or warning. It seems that adding a lot of links at one time flags the anti-spam brigade into shutting the blog down until someone can investigate. It was enough to scare me into moving all but one blog to their own domains. Now the only thing I have to worry about is server uptime. Hope it works out.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
They lock it up if you put up to many links at one time!? Man I just switched looks and have to put all my links back. I hope it doesn't get blocked.

Or are we talking about adding links within the text of the blog posts we write? as opposed to the links list. I've been thinking about writing some posts with links in them.

IndigoBlack

rosemerry said:
They lock it up if you put up to many links at one time!? Man I just switched looks and have to put all my links back. I hope it doesn't get blocked.

Or are we talking about adding links within the text of the blog posts we write? as opposed to the links list. I've been thinking about writing some posts with links in them.

When I got locked out of my blog, I had posted 30 links on my sidebars to various blogging resources. Apparently, doing this is some kind of "Mark of the Spam Blog" or something. This is why I recommend that if you plan on blogging for the long haul to move off of free hosting as soon as you are able.

Matt I'm glad everything worked out.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I don't seem to have any problem with the tons of links I put in. Perhaps it's because they are mostly links to other blogs and not potentially 'commercial' sites? *shrug* Now that I've said this I'll get locked out...

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I was going to put up some posts about different aspects of cooking. Like different kinds of soup and have links to different recipes. one for chowder, gazpacho, stuff like that. But I don't want to get locked out of my own blog.

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
rosemerry said:
I was going to put up some posts about different aspects of cooking. Like different kinds of soup and have links to different recipes. one for chowder, gazpacho, stuff like that. But I don't want to get locked out of my own blog.

I'm not sure that would do it. What seemed to have caught me was that I posted three posts in a row in the space of a few hours that had a very short opening paragraph and then listed between five and two dozen links with no commentary on the individual links. It seems a nearly all link post, or a series of them, may be what trips their alarm.