The cheerleader
The football player
The sweetheart

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

The nerd, AKA "dictionary," "dinosaur," and "encyclopedia," also co-valedictorian.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of student I was? The one that all the teachers would say, "Could apply themselves more," as all through high school I barely stayed afloat and in senior year I was one of the top of my class.

Now, asking what kind of person I was in high school is a different story.

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Debate team; Young Democrats; She Sharks, our synchronized swim team; Spanish club; regular contributor to the lit magazine; the kid who would research your term paper or explicate your poetry paper for algebra help - and if you still doubt my nerd creds let me add that the She Sharks wore black tank suits and pink petal swim caps in my day! I bet I could still backstroke to "A Summer Place"--s6

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Nerd. Definitely nerd. Theater, newspaper, half-day community college enrollment, teaching assistant in honors English, teacher's pet (Seriously, got the senior superlative for that one and everything, out of a class of 500. Folks knew what was up)... yeah, solid nerd.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Wannabe rock star; underachiever; stoner; wallflower (unless I was playing my guitar); habitual truant; arch-enemy of homework.

I was also one of those kids, whatever they're called, who all of a sudden got really serious about school at the beginning of senior year and kept up the good work until graduation day.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
People who seemed to like me would ask me, "Why are you so weird?" I don't know how that classifies me. I had a few varsity letters, was Debate Club co-Pres.., literary magazine art editor and had fun roles in some of the drama productions, in addition to playing D&D occasionally and going to Medieval Events.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I was the rebellious kid who listened to rock lyrics, memorized rock lyrics, wrote rock lyrics and other poetry (noticing a pattern here?), and doodled on my PeeChee folder in new and inventive ways. I showed up for class if the teacher actually taught.

I hated high school. I tested out in my sophomore year and went to college. It was a better plan for everyone.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
None of the above. I was reasonably bright, but obnoxious, had zero people skills (I'm much better now:D) no girlfriend although Lord knows I tried, hated high school and in turn, it hated me.

I was voted "Most Likely to Fail at Life"...by the teaching faculty. I actually had no less than three teachers say during class that I wasn't smart enough to pass life, much less go on to higher learning at a university. This wasn't meant as a psychological boost, mind. You know, student gets angry, vows to him/herself "I'll show them" and overachieves...they meant it.

To be honest, though, I sucked at the sciences and various forms of math big-time and still do. However, even though I was definitely NOT the most popular kid around (see character description at the beginning of this response) I don't think that I deserved to be crapped on by the teachers. (Other kids...it's expected of them to behave badly, but teachers...?)

Whatever, what's done is done...and I'm a lot better now...
:)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nerdy wallflower

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vice president of FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). Go ahead, snicker.

Favorite place: the library
Favorite focal point in class: the clock on the wall
GPA: 4.0
Favorite sound: the end of last class bell
Prom: No

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I was the Class Clown. :D

Also, voted Best Singer. :Guitar:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Science nerd introvert misfit, mostly. I was that kid who thought all the high school stuff was below him because he was college bound. And no need for science fairs or that stuff, I was going somewhere on my own and didn't need popularity contests. Imagine the Big Bang folks sixteen years old. Yeah, I was that kid.

My senoir year I started hanging out some with the druggie theater crowd and the thuggie druggie skater punks. They were the only ones who took me in. God I hated high school.

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.sgchs.com/Calendar

Farm kid (as opposed to ranch kid or townie), newspaper and yearbook, FFA, FTA, football, rodeo, rifle team. Too small a graduating class to have any bullies who stayed until senior year, and most everyone did more than one activity.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I was homeschooled from 7th grade onward, but had I continued regular school, I would have continued being the "quiet, but nice to everyone" girl.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Nerd: Can you say calculating logarithms with a slide rule for fun? There were no hand held calculators.......or personal computers back then for regular people.

Koschei

eternally screaming
Registered
Reaction score
The weird emo in the back corner.

Also, the band kid. I miss the school band. It was one of the only places I felt accepted and like I fit in.