PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Stories

Quentin Nokov
10-14-2014, 05:39 PM
I know some people don't believe in ghosts, or they don't believe in demons, or evil spirits, but I've had some weird supernatural experiences happen to me in my life and thought it'd be interesting to hear experiences from other people.

One thing that happened to me was when I was 13. I was in my room sitting on my bed, listening to music. My light was on. And I looked up and standing right in front of my bed was this big, black phantom. There were no facial features, but I could make out the silhouette of the head and shoulders and chest, but the legs came together with no distinction and I don't remember seeing feet. I stared at the phantom for what felt like a long time. I thought perhaps I was seeing things, but the thing stayed there--looking at me. It wasn't a shadow of another person; I wasn't sleepy or dreaming. The thing was so real, floating there in front of me. Eventually it floated backwards, through the wall / window and then completely disappeared.

Some other things that have happened to me / my family were books being thrown across the room (one of the books was about Gettysburg Ghost Stories of all things!) Faucets have turned on my themselves.

One time my mom was cleaning her room. I went in, asked her something, left and the door slammed shut behind. It shook the wall and rattled pictures. I crept back, opened the door and asked if she was mad at me. She looked at me odd, and said that she thought I was mad. We tried to figure out how the door slammed shut. It was winter, all the doors and windows were shut so it wasn't a draft. Nothing fell and hit the door while my mother was cleaning. It slammed shut with so much force. I still remember how hard and loud it was.

So, has anyone else had weird happenings? I'm willing to hear what others who don't believe in the supernatural might suggest as possible explanations too. I've got more stories up my sleeve, but I wanted to wait and see how well the thread does before posting them all.