Wish me luck!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I decided that, as one of my goals for 2006 I want to enter as many literary contests as possible.

Today, I am about to start writing a novel for a contest that has its deadline on May 30. So, I'll need all the luck I can. Winners will be announced on December, so I hope to have great news for you then!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed as requested.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Fingers and toes crossed.
smile.gif
Good luck! Just to know you enter, is pretty rewarding. I know I always felt great when I finally put my mind to something and started it.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Knock 'em dead, Dama. Keep writing and there will be no luck involved, all talent.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Wishing you the best of luck!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
And I'm very interested in seeing your updates! I've thought about doing something similar in the past, but I've always been too scared. Maybe your updates (yes, the good and the bad -- I like seeing it all) will inspire me to get the lead out and get going!​

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Thanks to all of you for your wishes!!

Well, a little update. I've already written 52 pages of the novel, which is about 1/3 of the required minimum, and I'm already reaching 1/3 of novel completion. I'm so excited! It's been a draining experience, since I've been writing day and night, and even on my free times at school.

Anyway, Jenn, I'm blogging out my writing experience. Just click the banana on my signature if you're in need of some motivation. Also, I'm blogging in english, spanish and french, lol so it can help you become trilingual ;)

I really hope I can work this out! The deadline is not until May 30, so I should finish the novel by May 20th the latest and ship it that same day. I plan on finishing the first draft this wednesday, though I've given myself chance for next sunday. Four or five days of rest (in which I'll prepare a short story for another contest) and it's revision time.

Oh I'm nervous. I'm really, really nervous!!