Registered
Reaction score
I remember hearing about this and just eww

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Really? This isn't a satire? If it were, it would be amusing. Since it isn't...ew.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He said "poople." :roll:

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
He said "poople." :roll:

4c7375b3479fdf4fab470f5e0d140901.jpg

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember seeing the NPR article on this back when it first came out, which was written without comment on the the name ... then of course the comments on the article were loaded with But, but but Soylent Green is people!

It's pretty astounding that the developer could get all the way to market with that without one person stopping him and saying "Are you sure you want to use that? Don't you remember that movie?" It's a pretty well known movie and there is even a metal band that goes by Soilent Green. Even if he hadn't heard of it, isn't Googling the proposed product name the first thing a marketer is supposed to do?

Then again, someone in our industry named their product Crackzilla and there is no way they did an image search on that.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember seeing the NPR article on this back when it first came out, which was written without comment on the the name ... then of course the comments on the article were loaded with But, but but Soylent Green is people!

It's pretty astounding that the developer could get all the way to market with that without one person stopping him and saying "Are you sure you want to use that? Don't you remember that movie?" It's a pretty well known movie and there is even a metal band that goes by Soilent Green. Even if he hadn't heard of it, isn't Googling the proposed product name the first thing a marketer is supposed to do?

Then again, someone in our industry named their product Crackzilla and there is no way they did an image search on that.
A company named their energy drink Cocaine and wondered why they were hounded off the market.