• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

i feel like crying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
dancingandflying, you're not alone :) The problem is that while some of us would like to help, the genre has to be a match as well - at least in my case. I would like to help you but I don't write romantic comedy, I write science fiction. But I'm sure eventually you'll find somebody who writes in the same genre and wants to help. Don't lose hope :)

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
dancingandflying said:
i posted my thread more than a month ago, and i still haven't gotten any responses. i feel that i am alone, although there are so many aw users. i am close to breaking out in tears, so if you're interested in being my mentor, here's what i'm looking for:

- someone that is interested in the romantic comedy or romance genre.

- a person that cares about my writing as much as they love their own.

- someone that will be harsh, but won't overload me with critique. i also want to keep my writing mine, if you know what i mean.

- a person that won't just flake on me, because i'm really sick of it, guys...

i'm only thirteen, and new to this whole writing thing. if someone wants to lead the way, i'm up for it. please give me a response or email at [email protected]. please, i feel so alone. please, help me.

I am so sorry no one took the time to respond to your post. I can most assuredly state it was not any form of ignoring you. This is such a very large forum that it just takes time to wend our way through for the posts. If I had the qualifications I would most heartily offer my abilities, but sadly I honestly do not. I am more of a teller-of-stories-on-paper than I am a writer.

Do not become disheartened, though, someone will read your post and respond - it just takes time and I am aware at age thirteen time rushes at supersonic speed. Again, no one is ignoring you. Keep writing - it will begin to flow with its own inherent pattern. dlcharles

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
dancingandflying said:
i posted my thread more than a month ago, and i still haven't gotten any responses. i feel that i am alone, although there are so many aw users. i am close to breaking out in tears, so if you're interested in being my mentor, here's what i'm looking for:

- someone that is interested in the romantic comedy or romance genre.

- a person that cares about my writing as much as they love their own.

- someone that will be harsh, but won't overload me with critique. i also want to keep my writing mine, if you know what i mean.

- qualifications are not a problem... i don't care if you published fifty books. i just really some advice.

- a person that won't just flake on me, because i'm really sick of it, guys...

i'm only thirteen, and new to this whole writing thing. if someone wants to lead the way, i'm up for it. please give me a response or email at [email protected]. please, i feel so alone. please, help me.

Just a suggestion, but you might receives better responses if you change "that" to "who" in these sentences. The grammar rule is "People are who, animals and things are that."

- someone WHO is interested

a person WHO cares

someone WHO will be harsh

a person WHO won't

It's the man WHO bit me, or the dog THAT bit me.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dancingandflying,

As far as I can see all your threads have had replies. Don't play on sympathy for your age to get responses. Nobody here has a magic wand that's going to overcome your short fuse.

And keep writing -try stories for a kick-off instead of screenplays. If you really want to write screenplays - start by reading books on the subject.

Bufty

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Do you need someone who writes specifically romantic comedy, or do you just want someone who likes reading it, and can give you their humble opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.