Who else is pumped up for Tetris: The Movie?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
We'll see what the trailers look like. I love Tetris, though. Seriously, they could have put 2 hours of Tetris blocks falling and fitting into spaces and I'd probably watch ;)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I will be the first one to rip into the movie for not following the storyline of the game faithfully.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Seriously? That's what we've come to? We've run out of every original idea, we've adapted every decent short story and novel, revamped every television and old time radio show, turned every comic book to live action, leaving us with the only thing to make a movie out of is a game that has no story line, no plot, no point beyond colored blocks falling down?

Well forget it. I'll wait until they make a movie out of checkers.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I was waiting for Hungry Hungry Hippos.

ssbittner

scientist, artist, writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ssbittner.com
...I would probably pay to see Hungry Hungry Hippos the Movie. But I suspect we'll get Jenga the Movie and Tic Tac Toe the Movie first.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I expect it'll start pretty slow, but by the end you won't be able to keep up with all the action.

And, really, if they're doing video games, they skipped right over the classics - what about Pong, or Frogger?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
If they delve into the history of Tetris, there's the bones for a decent movie about a small Russian creator whose work spirals out of his control, struggling to get the rights back from massive foreign companies who've stolen his work and are making a fortune on it.

Or they could just adapt this amazing history of Soviet Russia, to the Tetris tune, and turn that into a movie. Actually, I don't think we need a Tetris movie, that video will do fine.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I see no one learned anything from the Battleship movie.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score

Yep. I'm sure that's what Kasanoff was referring to when he said: "This isn't a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page..."

If they delve into the history of Tetris, there's the bones for a decent movie about a small Russian creator whose work spirals out of his control, struggling to get the rights back from massive foreign companies who've stolen his work and are making a fortune on it.

Or they could just adapt this amazing history of Soviet Russia, to the Tetris tune, and turn that into a movie. Actually, I don't think we need a Tetris movie, that video will do fine.

That would be cool. It's probably going to be more like this, though. But not as cool.

And, really, if they're doing video games, they skipped right over the classics - what about Pong, or Frogger?

There's potential in Frogger. Dreamworks?

I'm personally holding out for Q*Bert, but they'll probably get rid of the cursing to make it family friendly.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Well we had Battleship, Lego, and Facebook... surely a Tetris movie isn't too farfetched.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hub and I taught our 8 year old girls the game Clue and it has become a favorite. We were looking at the old movie trailer for the Clue movie, and it actually looks pretty funny. But then, there were characters. And a plot. So, I guess it kind of works.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hub and I taught our 8 year old girls the game Clue and it has become a favorite. We were looking at the old movie trailer for the Clue movie, and it actually looks pretty funny. But then, there were characters. And a plot. So, I guess it kind of works.

The Clue movie is a classic.